cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to UK

jim_flynn
Newcomer
Hi folks, I'm moving away to the UK in the next few days for a few months and I was wondering what happens with the 48 network. Will I still be able to make and receive phone calls while over there? And if so are there extra charges? Also wanted to find out will I still be able to recieve data. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If you use 48 while in the UK then you can buy EU roaming add-ons or pay the relevant charges (for incoming and outgoing calls and outgoing texts) from your cash credit balance. See here:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

48 don't support data roaming abroad so you're restricted to wifi where available.

To be honest if you're going to be there for a while then you might be better off getting a UK SIM for general use for the duration as it'll probably be much cheaper. Of course you won't be able to use your original Irish mobile number if you do this.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If you use 48 while in the UK then you can buy EU roaming add-ons or pay the relevant charges (for incoming and outgoing calls and outgoing texts) from your cash credit balance. See here:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

48 don't support data roaming abroad so you're restricted to wifi where available.

To be honest if you're going to be there for a while then you might be better off getting a UK SIM for general use for the duration as it'll probably be much cheaper. Of course you won't be able to use your original Irish mobile number if you do this.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that explain things adequately for you?

jim_flynn
Newcomer
Sorry for the late reply, but yes this helped a lot! Thanks for your answer!