cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone shows that I am roaming

katlehong
Newcomer
I would like to know why my phone is showing that I am roaming whenever I make or receive calls from any network and it shows Tesco mobile. I am using HTC DESIRE 310 . I just bought the phone yesterday. I did receive the instructions how to set for the picture messaging from 48months, which I did. As it shows roaming Am I going to be charged of that?
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's not a problem.

You will not be charged anything extra.

It's roaming because 48 is a "virtual" service provider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator) operating on the O2 network.

Not everybody gets the roaming "R" on the signal bars and not all phones have an option to suppress this but where it appears and cannot be removed it doesn't cause any problem.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

katlehong
Newcomer
Why does it shows Tesco mobile for out going calls and incoming instead of showing 02. Is that ok.

When you scan for networks can you see and connect to 48?

If not then you can connect to O2.

Some phones display Tesco instead of 48.

It's never happened to me but I've seen it reported elsewhere.

I don't know why this happens.

Again probably something to do with virtual operators and identification of same (Tesco is another virtual service operating on the O2 network).

All in all it should not be a problem even though it does seem a bit odd/confusing.

If still in doubt ask 48 support about it.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

katlehong
Newcomer
Thanks very much for your help and have a good day.