cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Add Ons

stano
Newcomer
Does the 3.50 voice roaming add on also include texts or do you also have to purchase the 2.50 text add on. Also if you use up all of your 3.50 credit on outgoing calls can you still take free incoming calls. If somebody is calling you from Ireland and they have a package deal can they basically call and talk to you for free on the free incoming calls. Finally is the charge for me to call another family member who is with me in Spain 35 cent a minute when using roaming voice add on. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

> Does the 3.50 voice roaming add on also include texts or do you also have to purchase the 2.50 text add on.

It's clearly explained here:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

The €3.50 EU roaming calls add-ons gives you 15 minutes of calls. It does not include anything else.

The €2 (not €2.50) EU roaming texts add-on gives you 35 texts. It does not give you anything else. (Bear in mind that "long" text messages may actually use up more than one SMS!).

Also if you use up all of your 3.50 credit on outgoing calls can you still take free incoming calls

Good question - that was never clear to me. Since you using up the calls uses up the add-on I suspect that you then pay for incoming calls. But check with 48 support to be sure and maybe post the answer back here if you can?

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

If somebody is calling you from Ireland and they have a package deal can they basically call and talk to you for free on the free incoming calls.

When you are abroad it makes no difference to somebody calling from Ireland.

It's the same to them as if you were still in Ireland so the same treatment/charges applies.

As long as you EU calls roaming add-on is active YOU can receive calls for free.

Finally is the charge for me to call another family member who is with me in Spain 35 cent a minute when using roaming voice add on.

If you have the EU roaming calls add-on then my understanding is that it covers calls such as this.

If you don't have the add-on or it has expired then I believe that you pay the standard outgoing roaming call charge of 23c per minute (I don't lnow where you get 35c per minute from?).

It's worth clarifying some of these points with 48 support just to be sure.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

OK - 48 support clarified some issues for me:

Part of the EU add on is free incoming calls.  This is suject to fair usage of 1000 minutes.  So in essence buying the add on allows you to receive up to 1000 minutes for no cost.  Even if the outgoing allowance has been used you can still avail of the 1000 incomming minutes.  If they get used buy another add on and you get a further 1000 incoming minutes.

The outgoing calls can be used for landlines/mobiles back to Ireland and landline/mobiles in the country you are in.  So if you are in France all calls to French numbers will be included in the add on.

International calls when roaming are not covered.  So if you are in France and call a German number this would not be included.

If you are on a call and the minutes get used in the middle of the call it will continue provding there is credit available to use.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

stano
Newcomer
Thanks a million for the detailed reply and the time taken to do so.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Glad it helped.