cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messeges

ruiz
Visitor

Hi, I have just joined 48 and now every time I want to send a message it asks me to roam. I dont understand why it is doing it if I'm sending messeges from ireland to ireland. anybody knows the problem and answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As far as I can tell there should be an Android Lollipop 5.1.1 update for the S6.

But maybe it hasn't been rolled out everywhere yet.

If you go to System settings > About phone > System updates (or similar) it should tell you if there's an update.

I'm not saying that you should update or that it will address this problem by the way.

The warning that you're getting simply seems to be a feature of Galaxy phones and I don't know if there's a way to disable it.

Many phones think that they're roaming when they are on a virtual network (MVNO) such as 48 because they operate on a different physical network (O2/Three).

Some phones have options to disable such warnings.

I don't know if Samsung Galaxy phones do.

If not then you'll just have to live with it.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I wonder if this is of any use?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/185590-roaming-notification.html#post1917478

Uncheck Settings > More settings > Roaming > Roaming guard > Domestic

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

dc888
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

@ruiz wrote:

Hi, I have just joined 48 and now every time I want to send a message it asks me to roam. I dont understand why it is doing it if I'm sending messeges from ireland to ireland. anybody knows the problem and answer?

What is the full message coming u Ruiz?  Do you get an option to continue?

If you select yes does the message send?

Finally can you let me know what phone you have?

Thanks

Damian

Any update on this?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi Damian,

If i select yes it sends the message and delivers and it doesn't charge me any money for it. (I got the 10 euro deal so it shouldn't charge me for any messege) I just wanted to leave this comment here because i'm worried that it might cause some problems in the future.

@ruiz wrote:

Hi Damian,

If i select yes ...

Yes to what?

What is the exact message displayed?

48 is a virtual network (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator ) so it is normally required that you have roaming/data roaming enabled for things to work properly even when in Ireland.

This does not involve any additional costs.

There may be a configuration option in your phone or message app settings to disable this warning.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update?

ruiz
Visitor
It keeps asking me if I want to roam to send the message, I select yes and the message goes through and it doesn't cost me any money

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
As already asked, what is the EXACT message that you get?
And what make/model of phone do you have?

ruiz
Visitor
The Sim card you are about to use is roaming. Do you want to continue? Cancel/yes
Samsung Galaxy

What version of Android is it using?

You can check in System settings > About phone > Android version.

Is it the latest version available for your phone?

What specific Samsung Galaxy model is it?