cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting an English number

niamhhyland
Newcomer
Hey guys.. So my friend lives in England and naturally enough got an English number. For about 2 days we were able to text each other , but suddenly my messages stopped delivering. So I topped up my guide thinking I had ran out of texts, then when that didn't work I bought 35 eu roaming texts. Which still hasn't helped? Any thoughts on how to help? Thanks Niamh 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need cash credit to text international numbers. 25c per text.

You probably had some cash credit on your account while you were able to text your friend but then used it all up.

Other call charges

International calls

Europe

When calling Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijani Republic, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Antilles, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte/ Reunion, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Rep, Slovenia Rep, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK (incl NI) or Ukraine you'll pay:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines50c
Texts25c

All International call charges are inc VAT and are charged per minute.

EU roaming add-ons are no use here as they are for when you are roaming abroad in the EU - not for texting/calling EU numbers while in Ireland.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need cash credit to text international numbers. 25c per text.

You probably had some cash credit on your account while you were able to text your friend but then used it all up.

Other call charges

International calls

Europe

When calling Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijani Republic, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Antilles, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte/ Reunion, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Rep, Slovenia Rep, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK (incl NI) or Ukraine you'll pay:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines50c
Texts25c

All International call charges are inc VAT and are charged per minute.

EU roaming add-ons are no use here as they are for when you are roaming abroad in the EU - not for texting/calling EU numbers while in Ireland.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

niamhhyland
Newcomer
Thanks a mill you're right 🙂