cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add on credit gone without being used?

Anon
Not applicable
My mate from Newcastle visited Ireland end of June but even though he was in Ireland I couldn't tx or call him...but I could receive his calls and tx. My membership was up to date. I bought extra credit spent €5.50 for eu roaming as I thought it had something to do with that but it still wouldn't allow me contact him. The credit still showed on my account when I topped up €20 in July but this month when I topped up €20 I've noticed its gone. Can anyone advise why calls and tx wouldn't work and what happened the Credit balance? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

The Roaming add-ons are for calling someone in Ireland while you are in another EU country yourself. Otherwise international calls are taken out of your credit balance, when you call e.g. England while being in Ireland. The roaming add-on lasts up to the point when your membership is up and is not carried over to when you buy your next membership. 

One explanation for when your top up credit is taken, is if you pay your membership from your credit balance. Could this be what you did, and thus the credit was taken?

The 48 agents can check your account to see in more detail if you have questions regarding your credit balance - you can contact them here.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

The Roaming add-ons are for calling someone in Ireland while you are in another EU country yourself. Otherwise international calls are taken out of your credit balance, when you call e.g. England while being in Ireland. The roaming add-on lasts up to the point when your membership is up and is not carried over to when you buy your next membership. 

One explanation for when your top up credit is taken, is if you pay your membership from your credit balance. Could this be what you did, and thus the credit was taken?

The 48 agents can check your account to see in more detail if you have questions regarding your credit balance - you can contact them here.