cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant make calls or send texts

hannah34
Visitor

I cant call or text anyone but i can receive calls. I bought credit and it was charged on my credit card because i checked my ccount but still cant do anything. My phone is in working condition so i dont know what is wrong. 

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does your My 48 page say about your current membership status and calls/texts allowances?

http://www.48months.ie/my-48

Perhaps you have no allowances left?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

hannah34
Visitor
What does that mean and how do I fix it? Thanks for your reply.

Go to your My 48 page - https://www.48months.ie/my-48

What does it say about your current membership, expiry date and mobile calls and text allowance balances?

Alternatively dial *100*2# and hit call to get your mobile calls allowance balance.

Similarly dial *100*3# and hit call to get your text allowance balance.

Handy short-codes

If you don't have any allowances left and your current membership has not yet expired then you probably need to buy addons to tide you over until your memberhship expires.

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/add-ons

Buying a new membership won't help immediately because it will stack to start only when the current membership has expired.

If you need more help then post back or contact 48 support for assistance:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

hannah34
Visitor
I tried dialling those numbers there and still nothing is working. I don't see why I should have to pay extra when I've already payed my monthly membership!

What do you mean nothing is working?

What did dialing those numbers return?

They should tell you what your calls and text balances are?

Did they?

What were they?

Memberships always run their full monthly course.

If you use up membership allowances before the membership expires then you need to buy add-ons to tide you over until the membership expires.

That's the way that 48 works.

If you buy a new membership while a current membership is active then the new membership does not start immediately.

It stacks to kick in when the current membership expires.

This is the case even if you have used up the current membership bundled allowances.

Bought membership - can't call/text

Hope this helps.

hannah34
Visitor
In both cases it said I have zero calls or texts left. Yes I understand that but my membership had already run out when I purchased my new monthly membership. And again I did check my bank account to see if it was taken out and it has been.

hannah34
Visitor
When I try to log on to my 48 account now my 'my 48' page which usually shows membership etc is not loading. Is there a problem with the website?

If the My 48 page is not loading then try forcing the browser to refresh by pressing the Ctrl and F5 keys at the same time.

I had to do this to force it to load my account.

When you get to the My 48 page please clarify what it says about your current membership status and expiry date and your current membership allowance balances (which, from the sounds of it, are zero now?).

You have said that your current membership has expired but you'll need to confirm this by looking at the My 48 page.

If it has not expired then you should also see your new membership listed on the right hand side of the page as a "next" membership and with the relevant start date.

I suspect that your current membership has not expired, you have used up your allowances and you need to buy add-ons to be able to make further calls and send further texts until the current membership expires, the new membership kicks in and the new membership bundled allowances are available to you.

The fact that you were charged for the new membership has nothing to do with when it starts.

You can buy memberships in advance, you are charged for them there and then and they just stack to kick in later if there is a current membership (even one with allowances used up) active or there are other "next" memberships stacked already.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?