cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data settings for huawei y300

Anon
Not applicable

Hi i,ve a huawei y300 and cant get it to connect to internet via mobile data pack tried various setting recommended but none working....please help!!!!

*edited the title to match the conversation* - Sheena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great - glad it worked and thanks for reporting back the success because most of the time I don't know if what I posted has helped somebody! Man Sad

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Any use?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/internet-for-a-Huawei-g510/m-p/5882#M1831

The settings for my G300 should also work for your Y300. In fact the settings for any Android phone should generally work for any other Android phone bar slight differences in Android versions.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I have tried all the recommended settings but no luck... im sure its just something simple im missing,

Did you enable [national] data roaming?

Try toggling airplane mode on/off or rebooting.

I'm assuming that you have a data package as part of your membership or add-on? (Not being smart!)

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

@dalyer, thanks for your help, I down loaded tweakker, and it sorted it, yeaaahhh!!!!! 

thanks again.

Great - glad it worked and thanks for reporting back the success because most of the time I don't know if what I posted has helped somebody! Man Sad

Best method to get Internet working in Huawei Y300.

Go to page entitled Internet Settings.

Click on" Automated Service here" this is highlighted in green.

This will open up a page entitled" Internet not working".

Click on follow" this link"highlighted.

This opens up a page where you will be asked to choose your phone brand.

Click on Huawei this will open up a listing of all available phones.

When you click on Huawei Y300 the settings  are not available       

But the settings for Huawei Ascend G300 are.

Click on the Huawei Ascend G 300 and follow instructions.

The Automated Service will have you up and running in minutes.

All the best jp 

Anon
Not applicable
I need same for huawei y 300

See here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-not-working/m-p/18265#M5372

Hope this helps.

malonek
Newcomer
For the y600 ensure that Settings > Sim Management > Roaming is switched on