cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone5

lizreynolds
Newcomer
I recently changed to this network and unlocked my phone , it keeps coming up I have no service everywhere I go .. Any suggestions ? I have already rebooted my phone
18 REPLIES 18

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
It may need to be activated on the network.
This is an issue with iPhones on some networks such as 48.
Make sure you have at least 25c cash credit on your account.
Activation can involve sending a UK text message which costs that much.
Once you have 25c credit power the phone off and on again.
If it doesn't activate then try syncing with iTunes.
If neither approach works then post back.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Who or what number do i send the message to in the uk?Thanks

You don't send it - the phone sends it automatically if necessary to activate the phone on a new network.

I think the issue is that iPhones have some list of known operators built in but it doesn't include smaller operators or some or all virtual operators (such as 48). For these it needs to activate via SMS either directly or by syncing with iTunes.

Try putting at least 25c cash credit on your phone (you'll have to put at least €1 on I think).

Then try switching it off and on again and leave it for a bit.

I think it should report on screen if it does any activation but am not sure.

If it still doesn't work then try syncing with iTunes.

If it still doesn't work then post back here.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@dalyer wrote:

You don't send it - the phone sends it automatically if necessary to activate the phone on a new network.

I think the issue is that iPhones have some list of known operators built in but it doesn't include smaller operators or some or all virtual operators (such as 48). For these it needs to activate via SMS either directly or by syncing with iTunes.

Try putting at least 25c cash credit on your phone (you'll have to put at least €1 on I think).

Then try switching it off and on again and leave it for a bit.

I think it should report on screen if it does any activation but am not sure.

If it still doesn't work then try syncing with iTunes.

If it still doesn't work then post back here.

Hope this helps.

Just for reference the iphone doesn't include virtual operators.

Only include's the likes of: (Off the top of my head, different global networks)

Vodafone,

Meteor,

O2

Orange

T-Mobile

etc etc you catch my drift.

It doesn't include the likes of 48, lyrca, tesco, postfone etc etc.

I discovered this when I had an iphone when rooting it. Was trying to unlock the f****** thing myself, came across the network lock file but couldn't figure out how to open it 😕 they were clever to change their file extensions to something ridicioulous so you wouldn't know what language it was wrote in.

Tried everything you suggested but I still cannot use my 48 sim in the iphone. Anything else you can suggest

What exactly did you try?

Does anything work at all?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

Hope this helps.

Why am I only getting email regarding my query now 7 months later.......as you can imagine as I got no help at the time I moved my phone to another operator and my sons, sorry no longer need your help

@booboo28 wrote:
Why am I only getting email regarding my query now 7 months later.......as you can imagine as I got no help at the time I moved my phone to another operator and my sons, sorry no longer need your help

No - I replied at the time trying to help and you never replied with the info that I asked for.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/iPhone5/m-p/32129#M10582

You're probably getting a notification about this thread because somebody else posted a related query in it today/yesterday.

anthony
Visitor
When you say: try sync it with iTunes: do you mean on a laptop?