cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting up

Anon
Not applicable
Recently I have ordered my 48 sim I have received it and I havent started using it yet because I cant understand hos this membership works?
When you first top up for your membership do you buy your credit/top up voucher in stores and put a certain number into your phone like a normal top up or do you top up online first time round with a credit card? I'm awful confused and would seriously like to start using 48 pronto
thank you !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe an example will help?

1. Buy a €20 Payzone/Omnivend voucher for 48

2. Top up your credit balance with this voucher.

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op...

3. Dial *100# to check your credit balance which should now be €20:

Handy short-codes 

4. Text "Guido" (without the quotes) to 1745 to buy Guido membership:

How do I buy stuff by text?

5. You should get a text back saying that your membership has been purchased.

6. Dial *100# to check your credit balance - it should now be €0 since you have bought membership with it.

Does that clarify things for you?

You will need to buy membership each month in order to be able to use services.

On your online account you can choose to get a text notification when it's nearing the end of the membership month to remind you to buy a new membership.

The example above uses a voucher but you can also topup your credit balance or buy membership directly online using a bank card and paying for stuff there rather than having to buy vouchers etc.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It's a bit different to other pay as you go services but ultimately it's not that confusing...

It's all explained in the key posts - e.g.:

Everything about membership

Where has my credit gone?

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op..

How many minutes, texts and data do I get?

In simple terms you must buy a membership each month to use any services.

When you buy membership you pay up front from your card or credit balance for this.

A membership comes with certain bundled allowances.

Membership plans

If you use these up before the membership month is up then you need to buy add-ons.

Add-ons

When the membership has run its monthly course you buy another one.

You can buy memberships in advance but they only kick in when a previous one has run its full monthly course.

You don't need cash credit on your account unless you use certain services that are not covered by memberhip or add-on allowances.

Other call charges

Also - if you want to use data/internet then you need a membership or add-on bundled data allowance and you need to configure your phone's settings:

Internet Settings

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Still very shaky on topping up it does say its not like normal ones and you need to convert top up to membership but do you buy it every month online ??

I don't understand your confusion.

You can top up your credit balance if you like and then you can use the credit balance to buy membership, add-ons or pay for other call charges.

Or you can just buy membership/add-ons directly using a credit card online.

When you pay, say, €10 for membership then that payment is gone and does not appear on your credit balance.

The key posts that I linked to explain everything in more detail.

If you are still confused then please clarify exactly what doesn't make sense to you.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
I think ive got it now so I can buy a top up voucher in stores and then I jus change it to membership online on my 48 ?

Maybe an example will help?

1. Buy a €20 Payzone/Omnivend voucher for 48

2. Top up your credit balance with this voucher.

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op...

3. Dial *100# to check your credit balance which should now be €20:

Handy short-codes 

4. Text "Guido" (without the quotes) to 1745 to buy Guido membership:

How do I buy stuff by text?

5. You should get a text back saying that your membership has been purchased.

6. Dial *100# to check your credit balance - it should now be €0 since you have bought membership with it.

Does that clarify things for you?

You will need to buy membership each month in order to be able to use services.

On your online account you can choose to get a text notification when it's nearing the end of the membership month to remind you to buy a new membership.

The example above uses a voucher but you can also topup your credit balance or buy membership directly online using a bank card and paying for stuff there rather than having to buy vouchers etc.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
That's perfect thank you for your time!!

Great - glad it helped.

Let us know how buying membership and getting up and running goes.

Man Happy