Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

3G isn't working at all

Anon
‎20-07-2013 02:40 AM
Hi there , my 3G isn't working what do ever. I've been through all the settings twice and the 3G sign comes up on my screen when I'm out or if I turn my wifi off but it won't connect . All my settings are correct . possibly be my phone ? I've also checked my balance too I have 3 gb left so that's not the problem .
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: 3G isn't working at all

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎20-07-2013 11:48 AM

I could not get data (2G/EDGE or 3G) working from yesterday afternoon to this morning but it seems to be working again now. Nothing changed on my phone (e.g. network settings, APN etc.). I had also rebooted in case that helped but it didn't until things syddenly started working again in the past hour or so. Maybe there was some outage? Are you still having problems? When it was not working yesterday/this morning I was around the D4/2/1/7 areas. I'm in D7 now and it's working.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.

View solution in context

0 Likes

All Replies

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎20-07-2013 11:48 AM

I could not get data (2G/EDGE or 3G) working from yesterday afternoon to this morning but it seems to be working again now. Nothing changed on my phone (e.g. network settings, APN etc.). I had also rebooted in case that helped but it didn't until things syddenly started working again in the past hour or so. Maybe there was some outage? Are you still having problems? When it was not working yesterday/this morning I was around the D4/2/1/7 areas. I'm in D7 now and it's working.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Anon
‎30-07-2013 12:12 PM

It isn't working for me. I haven't changed any settings and I've just gone through the network/APN details. Nothing seems to have changed, but as soon as I disconnect from the wireless, I cannot get 3G! The bar at the top (Samsung Galaxy SII) shows 'R' for roaming (even though I'm in Dublin!), but I don't actually get any data. All of the apps that need data say that there's no connection, either!

0 Likes

Anon
‎30-07-2013 12:28 PM

I went back, removed all of my settings, and re-entered them manually. And it works now! Strange!

0 Likes

The Legend
‎30-07-2013 12:48 PM

That's odd. Maybe it was coincidental that you reconfigured the settings and it started working - i.e. maybe there was a glitch which happened to get righted while you were reconfiguring the settings?

The roaming "R" can happen. Seems to be an (innocuous) issue with some handsets, operating systems, SIMs etc. and may be due to the fact that 48 is an MVNO operating on the O2 network. I get it with some handsets/operating systems but not others... Sometimes enabling data roaming gets rid of it but not always...

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Anon
‎09-10-2013 03:58 PM
Can u tell me what settings you used? I am having trouble setting this up myself!!
Posted from Generic Android 4.2
0 Likes

Coach
‎09-10-2013 05:26 PM
My internet stopped workn yest for no reason also, its back workin today but its alot slower
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

The Legend
‎09-10-2013 06:09 PM

@jonny_hudson93 wrote:
Can u tell me what settings you used? I am having trouble setting this up myself!!

For what phone make/model/operating system? Have you looked here already?

Internet Settings

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community