cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48 network is hardly available - switches to roaming?

Anon
Not applicable

I just changed over to 48 yesterday and for the largest chunk of the day my phone has been "roaming". Every so often it connects with 48 but it's rare. What's teh deal? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This may be the issue that affects some people (e.g. me!) but is innocuous.

In some cases when you scan for networks you don't see 48 listed and have to connect to O2. I get this with one phone but not another.

In some cases you get the roaming "R" on the signal bars and sometimes enabling [national] data roaming gets rid of this but in some cases it does not. I get this on one phone but not another.

If you phone is or appears to be roaming while in Ireland then I don't think it really matters and definitely does not cost you anything extra.

I'm not sure if it affects data speeds but if your (incoming and outgoing) calls and texts are working OK then I wouldn't worry about it. Although I'd agree that it'd be nicer to understand why it happens if possible...

If none of the above helps then maybe log a support request and ask 48 for assistance/an explanation.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This may be the issue that affects some people (e.g. me!) but is innocuous.

In some cases when you scan for networks you don't see 48 listed and have to connect to O2. I get this with one phone but not another.

In some cases you get the roaming "R" on the signal bars and sometimes enabling [national] data roaming gets rid of this but in some cases it does not. I get this on one phone but not another.

If you phone is or appears to be roaming while in Ireland then I don't think it really matters and definitely does not cost you anything extra.

I'm not sure if it affects data speeds but if your (incoming and outgoing) calls and texts are working OK then I wouldn't worry about it. Although I'd agree that it'd be nicer to understand why it happens if possible...

If none of the above helps then maybe log a support request and ask 48 for assistance/an explanation.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

hola actualmente no me funciona la linea en venezuela necesito de su ayuda mi numero en venezuela es [personal details removed]

Google translate gives:

"hello currently does not work the line in Venezuela need your help my number in Venezuela is"

so it's not really clear what the problem is...

If you are in Ireland and trying to call Venezuela or your are in Venezuela and are trying to call out then you probably need to topup your credit balance as such calls are charged from your credit balance and not from your membership/add-on allowances.

http://www.48months.ie/pricing

Hope this helps.