cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48 sim not working in simfree phone

baebae
Newcomer
I put my sim in the phone even though it said my pin was acceppted it still shows no service..and its asking me to enter a pin..i put in my 4digit pin and its not working
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are you sure that the office is unlocked for use on any network?
What is the prompt for the pin?
Is it asking for the sim pin or the network unlock pin?
Is the sim activated?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

baebae
Newcomer
Its asking for network unlock code..i tried different sims and it works but mine wouldnt

baebae
Newcomer
And yes i am 100% sure the phone is unlocked

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Network unlock sim prompt normally means that the phone is NOT unlocked for use on any network.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update?

How are you 100% sure that the phone is unlocked for use on any network?

If it's asking for the SIM network PIN then it almost certainly is not.

What phone make and model is it?

Where did you get it?

Did you attempt to unlock it yourself?

If so, how?

Hope this helps.

baebae
Newcomer
I didnt unlock it myself..i bout it sim free..i hve tried other sim cards on it and it works?

What carriers' SIMs did you try?

Did you try more than one?

If you just tried one then it's still possible that the phone is locked to that particular carrier.

Where did you buy it? 

From a shop or a private seller?

The network unlock PIN prompt almost certainly means that it's still locked.

Hope this helps.

Any update?