cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!!!!!! 48 and i phone

Anon
Not applicable

I have never experienced this kind of trouble with ANY sort of technology before and I am absolutely DISGUSTED with the lack of help on 48's end.

I switched from meteor to 48 2 days ago and had my i phone 4 unlocked and I still have NO SERVICE on my 48 sim!!!

DONT tell me to RESTORE my phone, I have done this 3 times

DONT ask me to restore my network settings that has also been done

I have SYNCED it with i tunes

I have put in a vodaphone sim and it has worked with that

When I try ringing my phone nothing happens and it says my phone is unavailable1897968_10201429091000794_1688229178_n.jpg

I have contacted apple and they were more than helpful 

I have gone into meteor and my number has been fully transfered

So will SOMEONE PLEASE explain to me what the hell is going on and who is going to SOLve this problem for me once and for ALL

1653682_10201435907131193_1651066479_n.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

When you synced with iTunes did you have a small amount of credit to cover the cost of the UK text that iTunes may send in order to activate the iPhone on an MVNO such as 48?

Did you enable data roaming?

Is this of any use?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4282157

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Yes I previously had 1 euro credit and i topped up by 10 euro with 48, which I would really like back at this stageif it doesnt work

Can you maually scan for networks and connect to 48 (or O2 if 48 is not listed)?

Did you enable data roaming?

Did the Apple forum link help at all?

(Note that if/when it does start working you will have to buy membership in order to be able to make calls/send texts - topping up is not enough).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

I manually scanned for networks and it still wont let me connect, Data roaming was enabled, The apple forum helped in unlocking my phone and they said it could be a problem with your sim or network, I have already bought  the guido membership as I thought it would solve the no service problem but it didnt!!!!!

When you scan for networks do you see 48?

What exactly happens when you try to connect to it? Any other errors/messages other than "restricted network etc."?

Edit: this link is US based but maybe some of the tips are still useful here?

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/fix-restricted-network-iphone-4-72209.html

Anon
Not applicable

When I scan for 48 it comes up I click into it and the restricted network message comes up

Hi

would be interested in knowing what actually is the problem...

But - if apple already declared the handset was activated...I suggest trying the 48 Sim in another unlocked handset...(If not already)

The outcome of trying the Sim - would point to either, needing another 48 Sim - or, contacting apple again.

Smiley Happy

Anon
Not applicable

I have also tried both of the links you sent me and theyre not working, I dont have anotheer phone to put the sim into at the moment but when I get my hands on one i will, In the meantime I'll have to order another micro sim incase it is the problem

Hi again,

Good idea!, can you let us know the outcome when you try the Sim in another handset etc... as i said it would be interesting to know what the problem was.

Smiley Happy