Arrgh

Anon
Not applicable
I have paid my membership however I can't send texts or make calls
11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does your online account say about your membership type, expiry date and calls/texts/data/credit balances?

Can you receive texts/calls?

Is this your first time on 48 or were you able to make calls/send texts before this?

If it is your first time then is your phone unlocked for use on any network?

If it's not your first time then when did your most recent membership expire? Any chance you breached the fair usage limits and got barred for the remainder of your current membership period?

http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/terms#18

In that case you have to wait out the remainder of the membership month and buying a new membership will not prematurely terminate the existing membership and ban period. It will "stack" to kick in when the current membership (and any other stacked memberships if any) have expired.

If necessary log a support request to get 48 to assist you:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
My balance is 1.01. The status says paid and the expiry is 03/08/2013

If you can address the other questions that I asked above I may be able to help.

Also - when did outgoing calls/texts stop working for you?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Sorry i replied to you directly. No I can't receive calls or texts. Yes this is my first time on 48 and my phone is unlocked. I was with Vodafone but since about 10 am this morning it no longer works . I assumed that was because the 48 sim was about to be activated. Thanks

Anon
Not applicable
Out going calls and texts have never worked. What can I do to get this resolved ASAP. I now have no phone to use cause my old sim is now redundant. Please help

Did you definitely activate the SIM?

http://48months.ie/register-sim

What number does it display on your online account? Is it the original 089 number that came with the 48 SIM or are you trying to port your Vodafone number over? 

Are you absolutely sure that the phone is unlocked?

Can you receive calls/texts?

Have you configured the SMSC for text messages?

Are you getting any signal bars?

Have you connected to the 48 network (or O2 if you don't see 48 listed as a separate network)?

You should log a support query using the link in my first post to get 48 to help.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
It displays the Vodafone number I want not the 089 number. Yes the phone is unlocked. I have the 48 logo symbol in the top left hand corner. No I can't receive calls or texts. Yes my boyfriend set up my Internet settings for me.
Yes I am getting signal bars.

OK - you need to log a support query to get 48 to look into this for you so. The link is in my first post.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Would it be possible for some one to look at my account and identify the issue. I have spent last night and the whole day today in work trying to resolve the issue and need my phone working ASAP. This is extremely frustrating.