Did you mean: 

Bush android internet settings

kevingeorge
Newcomer

Hi all

I got a Bush android phone and I can't get the internet working on it

24 REPLIES 24

Any update?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@sinemac wrote:
Me neither.
Internet still doesnt work on Bush Spira.
In 'Preferred networks' its defaulted to 02-IRL
If I click on 'new PLM' it requests a 'Network ID'
What ID do I put?

Funnily enough (well not funny to be honest!) I'm having the very same problem with a phone that I'm trying to set up for somebody. It's a cheap Chinese dual SIM model - UHANS A101 - but using just a single 48 SIM:

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/5f223dc6

I have tried just about everything to configure it but simply cannot get data working.

By default it comes up with two APNs configured both for Tesco Mobile - one for internet and one for MMS.

Even if I edit these to use 48 settings instead of Tesco Mobile settings and enable data roaming etc. data does not work.

Neither does it work if I add one or more new APNs - e.g. 48 internet + MMS or 48 internet and a separate one for 48 MMS.

At the moment I'm at a dead end and simply cannot get it working.

It also has the option to add new PLMNs but it it does not accept new ones for 48 (PLMN 27211 versus 27202 for O2). 

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Bush-android-internet-settings/m-p/42491#M17463

Man Indifferent

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I got it sorted thanks to Ben from 48 support.

By default the SIM was coming up with Tesco Mobile APNs for internet and MMS but I was able to edit these to configure the 48 settings.

I had enabled data roaming and (I think) data in one place.

But I hadn't gone into the specific SIM (SIM #1) settings to enable data there also.

Once I did this carrier data started working.

When I have the phone again I'll list out all of the specific steps that I took in case it helps anybody else having problems getting a (cheap Chinese) dual SIM phone running Android 6/Marshmallow configured to use data services.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Follow the instructions here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Add a new APN for 48 and select it as the active one of you can't delete or edit the O2 one.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?

deisecailin
Visitor
Same problem here

Which problem exactly?

There are a few mentioned in this thread.

Have you tried contacting Bush (Argos?) support for advice because it seems to be a problem/quirk with these phones that APN/internet settings cannot be configured normally as on most other android phones.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Working now, thanks!

How did you get around the PLMN problem?

How did you get yours working please? I have spent about 10 hours on it and no luck at all....