cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call & text issues

Anon
Not applicable
Hi, I've noticed that after I loose signal (garage, shopping an so on) I cannot make calls or text, I have to turn airplane mode on then off and after few minutes I can call, but sometimes I have to turn my phone off to get calls again. And it's a third phone in last month. My friend reporting similar issues about calls, it's just does not ring and after 10-15 seconds drops the call. Is this network problem?
4 REPLIES 4

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi There.

Was it always as you describe? Or lately?

It is common when you are in poor network area & want to resume service, it would entail a manual search for network in your network settings menu on your handset.

It would appear by your detail's that generally you are in a poor Network area, as even if in a shopping centre/indoors you should have Edge (2G)

You are toggling flight mode/re-booting, but as you are doing this so often - my first suggestion is, if you have a phone cover on handset, take it off as this can be the cause the problems you describe.

Next what icon is displayed around your network bars in normal circumstances? E? 3G?

As afore mentioned you may be quite a distance from the mast & ultimately, 48 use 02s Network, so if you ever had network issues on 02...

If it is the above suggestion, no handset can compensate for poor Network signal.

Check online what the 02 signal is like in your area. this will be the best way to find out the cause.

Post back your findings!

🙂

Anon
Not applicable
It wasn't like that always, it started to do that recently. I know them cases causing problems, I don't use them. Also coverage is poor here, but when I have this issue network coverage is unusually good!!! But I wouldn't be able to text or call. It's ok when I'm on 3G but always causing problems on poor EDGE. I don't think it's phone causing it as it does the same with the other. Also my friend has the similar problem on Tesco witch is roaming on O2 as 48. Are you doing any upgrades or network jobs in Naas area?

Anon
Not applicable
I ment to say coverage would be unusually good like 4 of 5 bars, but can't make calls, after I reboot phone it would come back to 1 bar of 5, but I can use it then. I hope made this clear. Thanks

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi again.

Thanks for the information...it helps!

To answer your question on upgrades to the Network coverage, as you highlighted, that is only through 02 itself.

But - Just recently, 48 upgraded the speed in which Data is transferred...you will find the full details on 'Techie updates' by techie Kev above the 'Help' Header on the forum.

The biggest factor we have if an incidence of regional or National Network issues occurs, is a flurry of Help posts hit the forum, in this case that has not happened.

To Quote, (regarding Network/Signal concerns...)

"There have been no changes to the O2’s 3G or Edge networks.  So, if your 3G or Edge signal is poor because of your location, then unfortunately, that is not going to change.  Often the O2 3G network is good outdoors, but then when you are indoors you can only pick up Edge."

This may be of no consolation to you, but informative at least.

At this point all i can suggest is to turn off the fone - remove battery and sim, replace & boot again.

Hopefully you will regain satisfactory operation.

You can also log a support ticket by clicking below,if you so wish:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

🙂