cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make call about 12 hours after paying membership.

Anon
Not applicable

I paid for the Don but still cant make calls. Its connected to the 48 network and I get the message telling me to sit in my coner which is highly anoying. I really need to make call asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

My fault had the wrong sim in the phone. Sorry guys.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What exactly does it say about your membership status and expiry date?

What does it say about mobile and landline call minutes balances?

Do you get the error message for all numbers or just some? If just some what type?

Do you have data roaming enabled?

Were you ever able to make calls on 48?
Can you receive calls/texts?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Current: The Don [?] 
until 04/03/2014 at 11:59pm 

Next: The Guido [?] 
until 04/04/2014 at 11:59pm

Cant ring any numbers or text.

First time using 48.

Do I have to have data enabled to make calls?

@bobbers wrote:

Do I have to have data enabled to make calls?

Try enabling it and data roaming and see if calls work.

If it does then there is no additional cost or anything.

Even if the phone looks like it's roaming ('R' on signal bars).

Some of this stuff is because 48 is an MVNO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator) operating on the O2 network.

Can you receive calls/texts?

Do you still have mobile/landline call minutes on your Don membership balance?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Ive tried on two phones and no good. One with data the other with out.  I have recived a test from 48 saying that the we cant send settings for mms an internet which I dont care about at the moment. 

Are both phones unlocked for use on any network?

I guess they must be if you got the text about internet settings (which you can ignore anyway because I've never seen that work on any phone that I have used!).

Might be time to log a support request to ask 48 support for assistance here...

How to get help

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Yes unlocked. I am waiting on a reply since 8 oclock yestetday for a reply that not just the same thing ive read in the faq or common knowalge. I work with mobile phones for a living, unlocking , repairing flashing and never seen this crack before. I'm about a couple of hours away form asking for a full refund. Product not function as intended.

OK - sorry I can't really help any more. Hopefully 48 support will get back to you soon...

Anon
Not applicable

My fault had the wrong sim in the phone. Sorry guys.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi again...

Fair dues for posting back bobbers 🙂