cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my number

coops
Newcomer
I accidentally activated my sim, not realising I had to wait to be able to change my number. I was just wondering what do I do now?? I really need my old number with work. Please help please !!
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Shouldn't be a problem - just request a port of your old number:

How do I keep my old number?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

coops
Newcomer
This hasn't helped me, I'm really unsure of what im doing. I wouldn't be much of a techie wizz. But how do I request a port. Every time I click into Move My Number I get no where just the membership that I signed up to comes up!! I'm a disaster 😔

Click on this link and follow the instructions (if you're not already logged in you will be prompted to log in first):

https://48months.ie/my-48/move-your-number

You'll need to be able to receive the security code text on the number that you enter so you'll need a working SIM associated with that number. If you don't have a SIM associated with the number that you want to port then you will have to contact 48 support (as explained on the page above) and ask them to port your number "manually"

Guide on how to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

coops
Newcomer
Thanks a million, il just have to ask them to port my number. Cause there's nothing coming up with that link thanks a mill..

What device/connection are you using to browse to the number porting page?

If you are using your phone and maybe data connection can you try another device/browser maybe? E.g. a PC/laptop and a regular LAN/internet connection?

I don't understand why the page doesn't appear for you. It's fine for me.

On the other hand maybe just logging a support query is the easiest in the circumstances....

Hope this helps.