cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charity texts

grace_airey
Newcomer
How does the payment work if you send a text to a charity number to donate money?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Aren't most or all of those charity text numbers 5XXXX numbers?

If so then you won't be able to send a text as 48 does not allow texts to 5XXXX Premium SMS numbers.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Aren't most or all of those charity text numbers 5XXXX numbers?

If so then you won't be able to send a text as 48 does not allow texts to 5XXXX Premium SMS numbers.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

olivebranch
Newcomer
Really disappointed we can't donate to a charity text number on 48.

I'm sure that there are other ways to donate to your favourite charity if you want?

And your donation won't be subject to carrier charges or VAT as often happens with text donations?

olivebranch
Newcomer
There are many ways to donate of course but none quite as handy as a text I'm sure you'll agree 😄. I know 48 is a no frills operation, this is my only issue with the network. Big fan of 48.