cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration message asked for a pin??

Anon
Not applicable

Hi I am having trouble getting my mobile internet working I am using a Samsung GT-3350 its settings are similar to the Samsung GT-3550 in the help section so tried it and no luck, I also received a configuration message from 48 for mobile internet and one of the options in the message is to install it so when I clicked it it asked for a pin so I put in the pin on my simcard and no luck either any idea what this pin might be? I don't want to put it in wrong too many times and block it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevinoism
Regular

I can't understand why it's asking you for a pin as it shouldn't. You could try putting in  " 0000 " and see? Or else you can try and use Tweakker APN which may help?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEs...

(of course you will need wifi to get this if mobile internet isn't working.)

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

kevinoism
Regular

I can't understand why it's asking you for a pin as it shouldn't. You could try putting in  " 0000 " and see? Or else you can try and use Tweakker APN which may help?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEs...

(of course you will need wifi to get this if mobile internet isn't working.)

I wouldn't bank on the SMS (if any) sent by 48 configuring the phone in any case. It has never worked for me on at least foud phones that I have used on the network. I have had much better results manually configuring the settings (using one of the listed phones as a guide if necessary) or using Tweakker APN.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

nmeere
Newcomer

I had to enter 1234 hope that helps someone

Thank you that worked for me 😁

Glad it helped.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes. After requesting the configuration text the website says to use the pin 1234 when you receive it.
My problem (as experienced by others too) is that the online configurator never sent any text at all.