cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to a network

dazzar
Visitor
Hi in France and phone useless keeps asking for sim network unlock pin,any one know where I get such a thing or is my phone a paper weight the next two weeks,thanks
9 REPLIES 9

dazzar
Visitor

Hi

By any chance have you any Sims you could borrow (not 48) to test if possible?

If it's the case no Sim apart from your previous carrier works, it's almost certain your phone needs to be network unlocked.

I'm not sure of your circumstances, regarding if you were on a contract or PAYG before 48,so I'll suggest a few scenarios, you can contact your previous network provider to give you the unlock code if you have no outstanding balance owed to them, generally it's at no cost to do this.
Otherwise you can have the phone unlocked at an outlet providing such a service.

Follow up:

Are you still having Sim Network Pin Issues?

dazzar
Visitor
Thanks for your reply,my phone was unlocked as I keep changing provider's for the best deals,looks like I'll be changing again,week with no network,its asking for a sim network unlock pin,it worked for a few minutes when they informed me they were taking a tenner for my membership then locked again,a terrible let down

So...

Here's the 2 Scenario's:

1) Your Pre Network Unlocked Phone has locked again... It happens, often, all Handsets are capable of doing this, (it can occur after an  update)

2) Your Sim Pin is needed, as you have powered off your phone at some stage, and you have not changed the Sim Pin to one you remember, or toggled off the Sim Pin function.

The easiest one to start with is the 4 digit Sim Pin, have you the package the Sim arrived in? The Pin is on this piece of card.

If not, and you enter a Pin in several times, you will lock the Sim, which requires a PUK to unlock, this is found on your Membership Details when you log in to 48.

dazzar
Visitor
Thanks for your reply my friend,my sim unlock pin and phone unlock pin are working fine,its definitely a block from 48,it worked fine for a minute when they sent me a txt to say a my membership came off my card,i bought all the EU add on etc,the chat staff unfortunately havnt a clue,

Hi

Ok.

I know I asked this before but for a valid reason...
Have you put another Sim in the Phone to try?
Any Sim you can borrow...
This is crucial, as it will almost certainly tell you if your phone is Network Locked (again)

I might just add, that Motorola and Samsung are two of the larger company's whom, rather than algorithm used to produce Network Unlock codes, the handset itself generates It's own unlock code.

It remains to be confirmed if the original code can be entered in the event of a secondary lock...I would really wish to know that for certain.

Can/did you try another Sim?

When did you start on 48? Was everything set up and functional before your holiday?

dazzar
Visitor
Thanks for your reply friend,ive been with 48 must be 2 or more years,never had a bother,was track until they got too dear,my phone came from power city and sold contract free,i recon it's 48 as I bought t the add on etc,it came back to normal when they sent me a txt to say my card had been debited for membership,im sure phone is fine

Hi

Well, at this point i find myself out of suggestions...

I do hope you find a resolution.

Below is a description/meaning of the typical Sim Network Unlock message, I hope others will find it helpfull should they see the following message on their screen.

Sim Network Unlock Pin?

'Typically, a locked handset will display a message if a restricted SIM is used, requesting the unlock code. On recent phone models running Android software, the phone will display a message saying “SIM network unlock PIN” or “Enter Network Lock Control Key” if network locked'.