Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Criteria to receive your unlock code through Meteor

Aoifec
Crew
Crew

Pre Pay

Ring Meteor on 1800 303 594 to get your unlock code, or dial 1747 on your prepay phone.

When you call Meteor – you’ll need the following details:

• Name
  • Meteor Mobile phone number
  • Make and Model of phone
  • IMEI Number of the phone
  • Your PIN number

You can check out their rules at 
http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/how-do-i-get-an-unlocking-code/

If you’re on pre pay, then Meteor say you need to have bought your phone more than 14 days ago, it must be registered to your account at https://www.mymeteor.ie,
and you must have used at least €130 worth of credit***. (You’ve probably registered it when you got it to get your free webtext & to top up online).

** Before Meteor give you your unlock code, you need to register your phone’s IMEI code online. To do this log on to ‘mymeteor.ie’ – click ‘my account’ – and click ‘upgrade’.

*** Meteor say that you need to have spent €130 since you bought the phone, but sometimes they tell you that you need to have spent €130 in the last 6 months. If you haven’t spent €130, then they may ask you to pay them the remaining balance before they’ll give you your code.

Bill Pay

Call Meteor on 1905 from your mobile

When you call Meteor – you’ll need the following details:

• Name
  • Meteor Mobile phone number
  • Make and Model of phone
  • IMEI Number of the phone
  • Your PIN number

For bill pay phones you’ll need to have completed your contract and your account can’t be in debt or suspended by them.

Also, if you’ve upgraded with Meteor then they will give you the unlock code for the original phone free of charge.

Check out their rules at
http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/how-do-i-get-an-unlocking-code/

4 REPLIES 4

Anon
Not applicable

Name: Paula Dufffy Mobile:[personal details removed] Sony Xperia J  Imei:[personal details removed]  Pin:[personal details removed]

@pauladuffy wrote:

Name: Paula Dufffy Mobile:******** Sony Xperia J  Imei:********  Pin:****

If you are trying to unlock a phone locked to Meteor then you need to send the relevant details to Meteor and not 48. You probably shouldn't post such personal details online either way.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

karen1
Newcomer
Is there anyway around the130 euro charge on credit b4 they give you the unlock code is that actually legal??

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I doubt that it's illegal. It's probably just part of the terms and conditions that you agree to when going with them in the first place. One way around it may be to get the phone unlocked unofficially online or in a phone shop.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.