cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to activate roaming before going abroad or does buying roaming add-ons do this?

oheatley
Newcomer

Going to Spain and have bought some EU text and calls add-ons. Before I go, doI need to switch on roaming or anything in order for my account to work abroad? Or does the fact that I've bought the add-ons suffice?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You should not have to do anything more - it should just connect to a network when you are abroad and just work. Don't forget that when calling Ireland numbers must be prefixed with 00 353 and the mobile/landline area prefix minus the leading zero.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You should not have to do anything more - it should just connect to a network when you are abroad and just work. Don't forget that when calling Ireland numbers must be prefixed with 00 353 and the mobile/landline area prefix minus the leading zero.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

you dont have to do anything pal apart from using the int codes. enjoy the trip!!!

When your EU roaming calls add-on minutes get used up you will be charged the normal rates for outgoing calls 29c/min (incoming calls while roaming will remain free for a month).

http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/other-call-charges

So you might want to keep tabs on the number of outgoing call minutes you use and buy another EU roaming calls add-on if/when needed. Ditto for the EU roaming texts add-on. You can use the short codes here to keep tabs on EU roaming add-on (and others) account balances:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions-Knowledge/Handy-short-codes/ta-p/988

Hope this helps.