cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going overseas! Will my SIM get deactivated?

Anon
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I'll be going overseas for 3 months. Wanted to know if my 48months account/SIM would get deactivated if not used at all in that period of time?

Thanks

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If you don't buy membership for 3 months your account/number should still be OK.

It's only if you don't buy membership for 6 months that you may have issues.

See these two parts of the terms & conditions:

Terminating and ending the agreement

Suspending the 48 Services

In particular...

7.3 Where the 48 Services are suspended because you have chosen not to purchase top up credit or make a chargeable use in respect of your Account for a period of 6 months, we will remove any credit on your Account after a further 2 months and credit will not be recoverable. Your service will then remain suspended for a further 5 months and can be reconnected at any time during this period. When the suspension period ends your service will be disconnected, this agreement will end and your number will be immediately lost.

and

8.1 You can end your agreement with us at any stage by not using the 48 Services and choosing not to top up your Account at any stage over a 6 month period

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If you don't buy membership for 3 months your account/number should still be OK.

It's only if you don't buy membership for 6 months that you may have issues.

See these two parts of the terms & conditions:

Terminating and ending the agreement

Suspending the 48 Services

In particular...

7.3 Where the 48 Services are suspended because you have chosen not to purchase top up credit or make a chargeable use in respect of your Account for a period of 6 months, we will remove any credit on your Account after a further 2 months and credit will not be recoverable. Your service will then remain suspended for a further 5 months and can be reconnected at any time during this period. When the suspension period ends your service will be disconnected, this agreement will end and your number will be immediately lost.

and

8.1 You can end your agreement with us at any stage by not using the 48 Services and choosing not to top up your Account at any stage over a 6 month period

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Was wondering this myself. Good to know!