cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Signature

Anon
Not applicable

As you can see, I have failed (miserably) at inputting HTML in my posting signature.

The standard ""[a=link]text here[/a]"" didnt work for me. Was just wondering how this is done, such as in 'dalyer's signature!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Looks like you're used to vbulletin or something, nubus, html code for links works like this: <a href="URL">linktext</a>

If you use that it'll work, promise 😉

Also if you add a nice horizontal line at the top of your signature (like I do) it's easier to distinguish between your signature and your actual post. The HTML code for horizontal lines is <hr>

Another neat thing you could do is to add a Kickback banner to your signature. Just go to http://www.48months.ie/kickback/spread and take the HTML code for one of the banners provided for websites and blogs and such. Try and keep it to a small sized banner, though.

Hope that helped!

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Looks like you're used to vbulletin or something, nubus, html code for links works like this: <a href="URL">linktext</a>

If you use that it'll work, promise 😉

Also if you add a nice horizontal line at the top of your signature (like I do) it's easier to distinguish between your signature and your actual post. The HTML code for horizontal lines is <hr>

Another neat thing you could do is to add a Kickback banner to your signature. Just go to http://www.48months.ie/kickback/spread and take the HTML code for one of the banners provided for websites and blogs and such. Try and keep it to a small sized banner, though.

Hope that helped!

Anon
Not applicable
of course! its an angle bracket! jesus. i've gone so rusty since college....

thanks denise!

Anon
Not applicable

hmm.... 

not all of my signature is showing up in the actual signature!? 

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

That's strange. Let me check the settings for member signatures tomorrow, maybe there's a limit on the lines you can add.