cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I buy credit for roaming in US?

norma_m
Visitor

Can u please tell me if you are travelling to north America what way do u get credit for roaming as when you go to "Buy Stuff" it only gives you the option to buy EU roaming and nothing for USA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Services while roaming in the US are charged from your credit balance as per the pricing link - charges for making and receiving calls are presumably per minute although it's not totally clear from the link:

http://www.48months.ie/pricing

When you're roaming in the USA or Canada you'll pay:

Making calls and calling your voicemail €1.99
Receiving calls €1.89
Sending texts 39c
Receiving texts Free

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Services while roaming in the US are charged from your credit balance as per the pricing link - charges for making and receiving calls are presumably per minute although it's not totally clear from the link:

http://www.48months.ie/pricing

When you're roaming in the USA or Canada you'll pay:

Making calls and calling your voicemail €1.99
Receiving calls €1.89
Sending texts 39c
Receiving texts Free

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Ok, thanks!! So presumably if I go with The Don subscription of €20 a month I'm using that €20 for sending and recieving texts

No not while abroad. Texts sent while abroad are always charged from your cash credit balance or eu roaming text add-on if applicable. Roaming texts are never bundled with membership.

Hope this helps.

Hi again I'm in the US and I have iPhone 4 on 48 network when I switched the phone on it changed over to AT&T mobile but my Internet or any of my apps won't work? I can't send text etc what can I do? I have mobile roaming switched "on" is this right

48 does not support data roaming so for data access you'll need wifi access.

As I said above to use services - including sending texts - you'll need credit on your account (i.e. cash credit balance - not your membership). See above for info about the costs involved.

Hope this helps.

johnhogan
Newcomer
How can you buy add on for premium calls in North America... Add on purchase options does not provide for this??

As already explained above when roaming in the US you need cash credit on your account to pay for outgoing/incoming calls and outgoing texts as explained here under the "North America" heading:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Note that data does not work other than when roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.

What exactly do you mean by "premium calls" here?

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @johnhogan?