cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many mb would it use if I play the fm104 app on my phone

nathan2k11
Visitor
How Many mb would it use if I use the fm104 app and listen to the phone show live that night
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

The numbers for radio are probably very overstated there. It depends a LOT on the bitstream from the radio station. It could be 192kbps high quality stream or a 32kbps stream which would use FAR less data, maybe a quarter of what that table suggests.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This might give you some idea?

http://www.vodafone.ie/internet-broadband/internet-on-your-mobile/usage/

Typical data usage

Service Usage Average data size

TVWatching a 30 min episode of a series90MB
You TubeMusic Video – 4 mins11MB
Radio App10 mins15MB

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

The numbers for radio are probably very overstated there. It depends a LOT on the bitstream from the radio station. It could be 192kbps high quality stream or a 32kbps stream which would use FAR less data, maybe a quarter of what that table suggests.

In that case maybe install a data usage measurement app, listen for a while (e.g. an hour) and then calculate what the average might be?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

... or just check what the stream from the station is. It is usually easy to find on thir web site. Then multiply it up.