cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to registering and changing your SIM

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

After receiving feedback about the various SIM-related processes on our website (thanks guys, very much appreciated!), we have made some changes that should make these processes a bit easier to follow.

Change my SIM

‘My SIM’ is now called ‘Change my SIM’ which should make it clearer what the section is about. The screenshot below shows the improvements to the 'Change my SIM' page.

You can now choose either to swap your SIM (if you need a new type of SIM) or to block it if you have lost your SIM.

More Info
Change My SIM page

Register SIM

We have made a number of changes to the overall Register SIM process (the 'Your Number' page especially).

Firstly, it is easier now to choose between keeping your number or getting a new number.

More Info
Choose with number page

The step-by-step process for porting your old number to 48 now looks like this:

1. Enter number
  2. Select type of account
  3. Enter the security code
More Info
Move number page

8 REPLIES 8

Anon
Not applicable

Looks really good. Might be using the new sim method soon when I get a Nexus 5!

b_man001
Newcomer

The field where the account number is entered only allows 10 characters to be entered. My (tesco mobile) account number is 15 characters long. Because of this issue moving my number has been unsuccessfull. I can't get help from the support team on this as there is another glitch on the web page where I should be able to submit a question to the support team. I this glitch the drop down menu where the user selects the catagory of their help does not work. Because this is a manditory field the page will then not submit. The end result of this is that I cannot contact the support team.

You can also contact support by email if the online form doesn't work:

support@48months.zendesk.com

Maybe try another browser and see if the web form works there?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
any luck with this?

Trying to install a replacement sim for an iPhone 6( moving from an iPhone 5)  did not work. “ the SIM card that you currently have installedis is from a service provider that is not supported under activation policy”  “ insert another SIM card from a supported service provider or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your service provider”. Chat line seems to be down, tried 6 times to connect. Service Help seems to be down eventually I emailed .

I have a current subscription and 75c. Credit on my card but this makes no difference since I can’t put in activation code. When I tried chat it was during working hours, 11 am . 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Chat is on only online during office hours
Try it again tomorrow.
Your problem here is most likely because of the stupid way that Apple do things with iPhones.
The iPhone may require reactivation which involves it sending an SMS to a UK server and this won't go unless you have cash credit on your account to pay the 25c that this costs.
I really don't know why Apple insist on making things so complicated...

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Chat seems to be working fine right now.