cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet data (3g) inconsistent

barrinsr
Newcomer

Hi,

My 3g is very inconsistent and is now only working on and off. I have never had any problems with with it until recently. To be precise problems began when for a full day I had no reception whatsoever, this was on the same day as the 3 network failure so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with that. I remained patient (despite this being very frustrating) and the reception came back the next day with limited 3g and  from then on has been working fine to not working at all. Very inconsistent. I've been with you guys since you started and this is the first time I have had any problems. I'm just wondering is something to do with recent network failures? I have looked at the FAQs on lack of 3g and I have membership, I still have internet, I have the right settings, my phone is working fine etc. 

Could you please help me with this problem if you can,

Kind regards,

Ruairi

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You should log a support request with 48 support to get this looked into:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

sharbol
Newcomer
Have you had anything more on this Ruairi? I have the EXACT same issue on 48 since that exact time. I've had nothing but praise for 48 since joining but lately but my 3G and network coverage has been terrible.

My imessage has also stopped working from my 48 number since this time. I have a ticket with 48 but they're not taking ownership unfortunately. I definitely think this it to do with 3/O2 - I'm guessing the 48 users traffic being pushed down in priority, hense the rubbish coverage.

Hi, 

Yeah I got this respone from them:

"Hi Ruairi

There are quite a few mast issues in Dublin at the moment.

Walkinstown Rd
Criminal Courts
Parliament Square
Ardmore Hotel
Coolock
Ushers Quay

So if you are close to any of those areas your service will be interrupted.

We have people working towards getting these issues resolved. I cannot get a specific timescale at the moment but we have given this the highest priority.

Damian @ the 48 care crew"

So it clearly must be something to do with that. In the meantime my 3g has improved nut still not nearly as good as it was before the issue.