cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not woking on Motorola Moto G

dwyersirr
Newcomer

My last phone was a Sony Xperia J (Iternet worked brilliantly) but then i went for a new phone as i wanted a new model and something different and i chose the Motorola Moto G, after getting the phone it required the "nano sim" so i ordered a replacement sim but in the meantime i had no way to contact anyone. I got bored so i chanced my arm of cutting down the regualr sim card into a Nano sim which surprisingly worked well, a message recieved from 48 to the phone telling me "picture messaging and interent could not be updated to the phone" so i updated them manually, the settings were sent to the phone.. But they did not work, I have data usage on all the time and it only really worked for one day? about 30mb had been used out of a total 5GB in a month which i thought was a total waste! I have eventually inputted the new nano sim into my phone but there is no sign of the 48 network coming up? It did say it would take a while to update but this is taking quite a while. 

Has anyone had a problem with their internet on the Motorola Moto G? 

Any advice/opinions would be very helpful

Thanks,

-Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you ordered a replacement SIM then the old one should have stopped working and you just put the replacement in when you receive it.

But if you ordered a NEW SIM and the original one kept working then the new one will not work until you contact 48 support to get the new SIM set up on your existing account.

All you need to know about SIMs

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Try all of the steps here to configure your internet/MMS apn settings

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Samsung-Galaxy-phones-internet-settings/m-p/13363#M4013

Hope this helps
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

If you ordered a replacement SIM then the old one should have stopped working and you just put the replacement in when you receive it.

But if you ordered a NEW SIM and the original one kept working then the new one will not work until you contact 48 support to get the new SIM set up on your existing account.

All you need to know about SIMs

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

I had the same problem, all you need to do is follow the instructions and then MAKE SURE TO TURN DATA ROAMING ON.

Anon
Not applicable

I had the same problem, all you need to do is follow the instructions and then MAKE SURE TO TURN DATA ROAMING ON.

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi Chris

Just a follow up on your issue... What setting's eventually worked to configure your Moto g?

Can you post back if now, you have access to internet and full operation?

There is another poster who is having issues configuring a Moto g and your personal experience would be very helpfull...

Smiley Happy

For what it's worth I normally refer people to this post:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.