cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working on HUAWEI ASCEND g6-u10

elduffio6
Newcomer

I am having trouble with my 48 internet... have applied the correct internet settings on my phone but I am still getting no data even tho I have 'the don' membership...how do i get it working?

*edited title to match conversation* - Sheena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try the online Tweakker configurator first - if that works then that's great - you're done!

If your specific phone model is not listed then try choosing one that is "similar" as that may also work.

If, as happens to many people including me, it does not work (e.g. never sends any configuration settings to your phone) then you will need to configure the settings manually so read on...

Make sure that your membership is active and you actually do have a data allowance through your membership or a data add-on.

Make sure that your settings match those below.

• APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
  • MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
  • MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
  • MMS Port: 8080
  • MCC: 272
  • MNC: 11
  • APN Type: default,mms,supl

If that APN Type doesn't work then try:

• APN Type: *

Leave all other fields blank/not set (including Authentication type).

Make sure that data roaming is enabled.

Make sure that data is enabled.

If you configure these settings and they still don't work then please DOUBLE CHECK that you did not make any mistakes - e.g. some people have mistakenly entered 48.months.liffeytelecom.com instead of 48months.liffeytelecom.com etc. The settings must be entered EXACTLY as specified above.

If you already have internet/APN settings but they are different to those above then reconfigure your settings so they match those above or delete any existing APNs and start again and add the 48 one anew.

If internet/data still does not work after configuring the settings correctly then try powering off and on again and maybe manually scanning for networks and connecting to 48.

If internet access still doesn't work then contact 48 support for assistance:

Hope this helps.

How do I add/configure an APN on my phone?

You need to check the documentation and user interface for your phone for specific instructions.

However on most Android phones the process is similar although there may be slight differences how to navigate the menu options to get to the right place and slight differences in the options that can be configured.

See here for an example of a general guide for Android phones:

Similarly for iOS the specific menus/options may differ depending on the phone and version of iOS. But this is what Apple have to say about it:

And here is another third party guide (which may or may not be for a specific version of iOS):

If necessary search the web for specific instructions for your phone.

A note about personal hotspot setup on iPhones

Once you have your internet APN set up and data/internet access working you can also use this connection as part of a personal hotspot (this will probably use up your data allowance more quickly than "normal" internet access so keep an eye on your quota and that you don't breach the fair usage limits).

This is generally straightforward on Android but Apple sometimes make it more difficult on some iPhones/iOS versions for some reason...

Some people find that their iPhone/iOS iOS 8?) does not show the personal hotspot option in which case the following workaround may be required:

But note:

1. At around 1 minute into that video he has Personal Hotspot > APN = gadget. Enter 48months.liffeytelecom.com instead.
  2. At around 2 minutes into that video he has Mobile Data > APN = internet and also Personal Hotspot > APN = internet. Enter 48months.liffeytelecom.com instead.

A note about 4G dongles/routers

If you're using a 4G dongle/router rather than a phone then you'll need to refer to the device's user manual for instructions on how to configure its APN/internet settings (and maybe SIM PIN unless you disable this in a phone first). Most or all such devices run a small web server that provides the management interface and which you connect to using your web browser.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

93 REPLIES 93

did not work and all the settings are the same 

Do calls/texts work?

Did you check all of the issues mentioned in that post (e.g. data roaming, you have a data allowance etc.)?

Are you 100% certain that all settings are correct?

Did you try the two different APN type settings mentioned as sometimes one works and the other doesn't?

Can you post screenshots of your settings?

If it still doesn't work then you'll have to contact 48 support and see if they can advise.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

sorry, yes all my calls and texts work. yeah i have allowence, im sure my settings are correct because i went onto the model of my phone and they told me all the settings to wright in and i did it and there perfect.. what two different ''APN''..... my model is iphone 4, how do i post them screenshots of settings to you

How exactly did you configure your settings?

Manually or using the Tweakker online configurator?

If you can't post screenshots then list out all of your settings and post them here like this:

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 272
MNC: 11
APN Type: default,mms,supl

etc.

i got it working thanks so much

Great.

What was the problem?

It might help others in the same situation.

Do you have to have credit for this to work cause I don't think it is working for me ?

For what to work?

If you mean internet access then you need:

1. An active membership
  2. A data allowance - either as part of the membership allowances or a data add-on
  3. Your internet/APN settings properly configured

You don't need anything else.

In particular you don't need cash credit on your account if that's what you're asking about.

Follow the instructions here to configure your internet/APN settings correctly:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

If it still doesn't work then post back with details (ideally screenshots) of your settings.

Hope this helps.

I have a Samsung Galaxy7 Edge and have configured all settings per the following:

APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 272
MNC: 11
APN Type: default,mms,supl

All other settings are "None" or "Not set"

I have the name of the APN as 'internet' ( it will not allow me to leave it blank)

Also, the APN protocol is IPv4 (there is no "None" choice)

The APN roaming protocol is also IPv4 (there is no "None" choice)

My PC sees the phone but when I try to connect, it says the "Windows can't find "AndroidAP".

Please help

You seem to be trying to use the phone as a personal hotspot for the PC?

Can you first confirm that normal internet access from the phone using that APN/internet setup works OK?

Then did you configure your phone to act as a personal hotspot/tethering device?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-tether-google-android-phone-image-3279408/

Hope this helps.