cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working on HUAWEI ASCEND g6-u10

elduffio6
Newcomer

I am having trouble with my 48 internet... have applied the correct internet settings on my phone but I am still getting no data even tho I have 'the don' membership...how do i get it working?

*edited title to match conversation* - Sheena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try the online Tweakker configurator first - if that works then that's great - you're done!

If your specific phone model is not listed then try choosing one that is "similar" as that may also work.

If, as happens to many people including me, it does not work (e.g. never sends any configuration settings to your phone) then you will need to configure the settings manually so read on...

Make sure that your membership is active and you actually do have a data allowance through your membership or a data add-on.

Make sure that your settings match those below.

• APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
  • MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
  • MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
  • MMS Port: 8080
  • MCC: 272
  • MNC: 11
  • APN Type: default,mms,supl

If that APN Type doesn't work then try:

• APN Type: *

Leave all other fields blank/not set (including Authentication type).

Make sure that data roaming is enabled.

Make sure that data is enabled.

If you configure these settings and they still don't work then please DOUBLE CHECK that you did not make any mistakes - e.g. some people have mistakenly entered 48.months.liffeytelecom.com instead of 48months.liffeytelecom.com etc. The settings must be entered EXACTLY as specified above.

If you already have internet/APN settings but they are different to those above then reconfigure your settings so they match those above or delete any existing APNs and start again and add the 48 one anew.

If internet/data still does not work after configuring the settings correctly then try powering off and on again and maybe manually scanning for networks and connecting to 48.

If internet access still doesn't work then contact 48 support for assistance:

Hope this helps.

How do I add/configure an APN on my phone?

You need to check the documentation and user interface for your phone for specific instructions.

However on most Android phones the process is similar although there may be slight differences how to navigate the menu options to get to the right place and slight differences in the options that can be configured.

See here for an example of a general guide for Android phones:

Similarly for iOS the specific menus/options may differ depending on the phone and version of iOS. But this is what Apple have to say about it:

And here is another third party guide (which may or may not be for a specific version of iOS):

If necessary search the web for specific instructions for your phone.

A note about personal hotspot setup on iPhones

Once you have your internet APN set up and data/internet access working you can also use this connection as part of a personal hotspot (this will probably use up your data allowance more quickly than "normal" internet access so keep an eye on your quota and that you don't breach the fair usage limits).

This is generally straightforward on Android but Apple sometimes make it more difficult on some iPhones/iOS versions for some reason...

Some people find that their iPhone/iOS iOS 8?) does not show the personal hotspot option in which case the following workaround may be required:

But note:

1. At around 1 minute into that video he has Personal Hotspot > APN = gadget. Enter 48months.liffeytelecom.com instead.
  2. At around 2 minutes into that video he has Mobile Data > APN = internet and also Personal Hotspot > APN = internet. Enter 48months.liffeytelecom.com instead.

A note about 4G dongles/routers

If you're using a 4G dongle/router rather than a phone then you'll need to refer to the device's user manual for instructions on how to configure its APN/internet settings (and maybe SIM PIN unless you disable this in a phone first). Most or all such devices run a small web server that provides the management interface and which you connect to using your web browser.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

93 REPLIES 93

Yes, internet and calls work fine.  As I mentioned, the PC sees the phone ("AndroidAP").  The PC has connected to may other WI-Fi's in the past, but not this one. I try to connect to it, but it never gets to the the "enter security key stage" of the handshake.

You have configured your internet/APN settings and they work.

But have you actually configured the phone as a personal hotspot?

You haven't clarified if you have done this or what you have configured if you have.

It's impossible to tell what AndroidAP refers to given the information posted so far.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Sorry, I thought it sounded more obvious .....

The "Mobile Hotspot" is enabled (on).

THe default name of the phone from the Mobile Hotspot menu is "AndroidAP"

Wi-Fi is off

Bluetooth is off

Data Roaming is enabled

Are ther other settings that I may be missing?

Can you post screenshots of your tethering/personal hotspot configuration settings?

By the qway, I should have mentioned that the phone is Dual SIM - I assume that doesn't make any difference?

Please see attached screen shots

Screenshot_20161208-203017.pngScreenshot_20161208-203050.pngScreenshot_20161208-203111.pngScreenshot_20161208-203131.pngScreenshot_20161208-203148.png

Is there no option to configure the security settings of the hotspot - other than just the password?

What make and model of phone is it?

Edit: sorry I see now that it's a Galaxy S7 Edge.

That did the trick!  Well done!  Many thanks!

You mean the link that I posted instructing you to change the name of the AP and the security settings?

So it's working now?

That's great.