cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working

ccarty
Newcomer
I have went through the the guide and done everything it told me to do but I still don't have Internet. There is an r beside my signal bar which means I am on roaming. I can still send a text but I can't use the Internet
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Follow the instructions here.
They work.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

48 is a virtual network operating on the 3 network so some phones think that they're roaming.
If there is no "national (data) roaming" on your phone that gets rid of the "R" on the signal bars then just ignore it.
It doesn't do any harm & doesn't incur any extra costs.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I have renewed membership and paid 20 euro for the Don but I can't get access to the Internet. What am I missing. Why won't it allow me to get in.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Are your internet settings configured correctly?
See here:

Are you sure that the new membership has started and the data allowance is available?
That will not be the case if you have a current membership which has not yet expired in which case the new membership will stack to kick in when the current one expires.
Dial *100*8# and hit call to check your data allowance balance.
If it's zero because the new membership has not started yet then you need to wait until it does or buy a data add-on.

Hope this helps.

ccarty
Newcomer
I have only bought my membership yesterday so it is not the problem. I have went through the guide and done everything again and it still has not work. I am not sure what else to do. I have also restarted my phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What happens when you dial *100*8#?

Did you definitely follow these instructions and not any others?
These settings work. Some others on the website do not.

If things still don't work then post your settings here for review.
Screenshots are best if possible.

Hope this helps.

ccarty
Newcomer
Thanks finally got it

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You mean it's working now?

ccarty
Newcomer
Yes thanks for the help