Members

Community Manager

Internet not working?

[ Edited ]

Getting internet set up on your phone can be a major pain.
We’ve got internet guides that show you how to get it set up. But let’s face it, it’s not the easiest process & most nod off before line 4.

We’ve found a service that we hope will make it way easier. We want to test it & make sure it does what it says on the tin.

Will you give it a try & tell us what you think about it?

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Follow this link
  2. Complete the three steps
  3. Wait for the text message (or for some phones the step by step guide) that'll sort everything out for you.

If this does not work for you, check out @dalyer's excellent post here for more help. You can also tell us what went wrong with Tweakker at this link.

What we would especially like to know is:

• What phone you're using
  • How many text messages you received
  • If it worked full stop.

Thanks for helping us out. 

If you have any mates on 48 who are stuck without internet, send them here.

Level 3: Fresh Meat

Re: Internet not working?

Hi Denise,

I've tried 3 times and I'm not getting a text message from the tewaker so just wondering what I do now?

Bronagh Smiley Happy

The Legend

Yeah - I tried it to see if it could configure my Huawei Ascend G300 U8815 (running Android 2.3 Gingerbread) and never got any text. I tried several times. I also tried my Vodafone Smart 858/Huawei U8160 but it doesn't seem to support automatic pushed configuration for that device so just listed the manual steps. In both cases I know how to configure the settings manually or using the Tweakker APN Android app but I was just curious about if/how the online configurator worked. I raised a support request with 48 support but no clear answer yet. I'll post back if/when they can explain/fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.

Thank you for your reply..Do I just sit and wait now on someone to get back to me or is there anything I can do..?

The Legend

Try the Tweakker Apn app from the google play store or apple store and see if that works. Or try to configure the settings manually using the relevant guide for your phone in the main internet settings thread.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Posted from Huawei U8815
Level 2: The Newbie

I have tried the tweaker for nokia 820 and cant get the internet all all tried 3 times.i can fone and text no problem...what else can i try to fix this

Community Manager

Hey tippjack,

thanks for your feedback on this, shame it's not working the way it should! We'll have a look into that.

when will i have it working..JJ

The Legend

fufu24 wrote:

Hi Denise,

I've tried 3 times and I'm not getting a text message from the tewaker so just wondering what I do now?

Bronagh Smiley Happy

Hi Bronagh - can you post back with details of your phone make and model so that it can be added to the list of phones that don't seem to work with the online configurator right now please? Thanks.

Can you give me the internet settings for the ipad mini
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190N
The Legend

Have you tried the online configurator?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-not-working/m-p/8361#U8361

Hope this helps.

intrernet not working

The Legend

camel wrote:

intrernet not working

Did you try the link that I posted above? 

Both the online configurator and, if that fails, the manual settings?

What make and model of phone do you have?

If you have configured the settings correctly and it still does not work then do you have a data allowance as part of your membership or add-on?

Hope this helps.

I can get the internet but can't receive picture texts????

The Legend

[ Edited ]

Some questions that may help with the process of elimination...

Are you 100% sure that internet access is via the carrier network is working and you don't happen to be accessing the internet via wifi? (Apologies if that sounds dumb but it can be confusing for some people...)

How did you configure your settings - e.g. using the online Tweakker configurator, the Tweakker Android/iPhone app, manually etc.?

Can you post them here please?

Double check your APN Type setting - usually it should have something like "*" or "mms" so that it works for MMS/picture messages.

Can you send MMS/picture messages? You will need some credit for this as it costs 30c per MMS. I had a problem whereby I could receive but not send MMS messages and I went through three SIMs before I could get it working.

If you still cannot get it working contact 48 support for assistance:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

Hi Denise,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. I've tried manual settings as well and that doesnt seem to be working either. You have to be able to provide us with something other than these options? When we've paid for the service obviously we expect to be able to use it? Thanks. Smiley Happy

The Legend

If the online configurator, the Tweakker APN app and manual configuration don't get your data working then you'll have to contact 48 support (see my previous post) for assistance. Just to remind you - I don't work for 48 myself.

Hope this helps.

Level 7: White Belt

Thhis tweaker does nto work. I added my phone number and it went to the next page and announced SUCCESS !

But nothing happened at all for me.  it just lists the settings again on the web site .... 

The Legend

[ Edited ]

Same thing for me with my Huawei Ascend G300 - said it sent the provisioning/configuration SMS but I never got it. I tried it several times but no joy.

What phone make/model do you have so I can pass it on to 48 support on the ticket that I have open on this issue.

Nokia lumia 900 doesn't work either what of disgrace of a company is this? Not one apology has anyone received either by the way

Posted from Nokia Lumia 900

Check these out
How to Join 48

Mates Rates

Want to earn some extra credit or cash? Simples. Get your mates signed up to 48 and we’ll give you €10 credit…for free!

The 48 Community Helper Program

Before you can use 48 your phone needs to be unlocked.

Need help unlocking your phone?