cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet problem on Vodafone 858

Anon
Not applicable

Hi, I recent switched to 48 and I've bought a membership, however my phone's mobile internet doesn't work.

I bought the phone and had it unlocked and put in the sim and calls/texts work ok, it seems to be in roaming mode? there's an 'R' by my signal bar anyways, but yes, the internet is the problem. I tried using the ''generic settings'' in the FAQ but that didn't help, I've got roaming set to on and data is enabled but no joy getting the internet to actually work. 😞 Now it could be the phone but I highly doubt it!

I put my sim into a galaxy i-5500 and it received the internet settings straight away! I put it back in my 858 and I get this text from 1749 ''Uh oh, we can't send settings to your phone. Go to www.48go.co/nquerdata to see how to set up your phone for internet & picture messaging. 48. Go Conquer'' the link didn't help as I've said previously!

I'm about to try the APN tweaker app which I found in these forums somewhere, so fingers crossed that works. Anything else I can try? The phone is running Android 2.2 and it's pretty decent so I don't see why I can't make it work!

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The roaming "R" happens on some phones but not others but is not a problem.

Sometimes enabling [national] data roaming gets rid of it.

On some phones you cannot get rid of it and it seems to be due to the fact that 48 is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) operating on the O2 network.

I used Tweakker APN on a few Vodafone Smart 858s to configure the APN settings:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/474#M116

Where that did not work I used one of the existing listed settings or the generic settings and they worked.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The roaming "R" happens on some phones but not others but is not a problem.

Sometimes enabling [national] data roaming gets rid of it.

On some phones you cannot get rid of it and it seems to be due to the fact that 48 is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) operating on the O2 network.

I used Tweakker APN on a few Vodafone Smart 858s to configure the APN settings:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/474#M116

Where that did not work I used one of the existing listed settings or the generic settings and they worked.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com 
Proxy - [not set] 
Port - [not set] 
Username - [not set] 
Password - [not set] 
Server - [not set] 
MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms 
MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19 
MMS port: 8080 
MCC: 272