cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 no network when overseas

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
Hi , me and my girlfriend traveled to germany and poland i have iphone 6 on 48 and she iphone 5 on 48 to
We bought can't even manualy select provider me and her have ios8 iphones was working untill landed any solution for this ? Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
I solved the problem with help from 48 agent damian
I had to go to : settings / telephone / sim programs / when abroad / manualy select network / roaming profile
And that's it in 2 secs network bars where full 🙂

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
I solved the problem with help from 48 agent damian
I had to go to : settings / telephone / sim programs / when abroad / manualy select network / roaming profile
And that's it in 2 secs network bars where full 🙂

Great - thanks for posting back with that info as it may help others in similar circumstances.

I always assumed that iPhone roaming problems were to do with the need to activate the iPhone on a new network but maybe not?

Anyway - glad you got it sorted.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
No it looks like the sim card need to be prepared to roaming settings

t5_rm
Newcomer
Hi I have an iPhone 6+ and I can't seem to be able to use the 48 SIM card for calls or text while away in Italy. The 'carrier' at the top left keeps changing every 30 seconds or so and then the phone goes into sketching mode. I also have an iPhone 4s with me and the 48 SIM card works fine with that phone. Is there some setting I need change on an iPhone 6+ ?? Would appreciate any help or suggestions - thanks

szczepan28oppl
Visitor
use instructions witch i wrote above and should work .

Anon
Not applicable
I have the same problem with my 5s. It either says no service or searching and cellular in my setting keeps dissapearing so I don't even have the option to change it to manual. I've added the 35 EU texts but don't get to even use them. What do I do?

Anon
Not applicable
I meant *carrier instead of cellular

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Try this

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Iphone-6-no-network-when-overseas/m-p/32727#M11081

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.