cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media messaging not working

debsbow
Newcomer
Can anyone help I can't send picture messages or videos by text my whatsapp will work but regular messaging won't unless it's text only. I have enough credit/data I've tried sending it by iMessage with wifi enabled but it still won't work!
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Does regular internet access work while not on wifi?

If not then you need to configure your internet/APN settings.

Follow the instructions here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

In some cases iMessage also needs activation before it will work.

Search the forum for previous posts on "iMessage activation" and you may find some useful information there.

Unfortunately I can't offer more specific advice because I don't use an iPhone and unfortunately they seem to be hassle to get working on some networks due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

debsbow
Newcomer
Thanks 👍🏻

debsbow
Newcomer
No problem with Internet otherwise everything else works

OK - you may need to look at the iMessage activation issue so.

Can you send any messages with iMessage - e.g. non picture messages?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

debsbow
Newcomer
Ya no problem sending just the text but if add a photo/video won't send

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
OK check the forum for info about activating iMessage or contact 48 support for more assistance.

Any progress?