cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership being renewed too early.

dokgolf
Visitor
Hi all, I'm having a problem with my membership, in particular the data allowance, being renewed too early. I was dealing with 48 customer service , Ben, on Saturday, via the live chat option. I told him that my membership, ( info obtained from the mobile data usage setting on my phone), was renewed on December 5th at 09:45am, INSTEAD OF, 11:59pm as per 48's renewal text message. He told me that it was a fault in the system and that according to his systems (both of them), that my plan wasn't due to renew until the aforementioned 11:59pm. He suggested that my membership would update itself correctly last night ( again at the aforementioned time of 11:59 ). IT DIDN'T! As I said to Ben, if I was a little more cynical in my nature, I might think that 48 were deliberately shaving off time from the membership plans in order to increase profits???? I have since been in touch with Conor (twice) via email, who kindly asked me to produce proof of the above, even though I haven't asked for any reimbursement, just that the situation be sorted. Has anyone else noticed something similar? Dok
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
For example some versions of Android have a data usage monitor in system settings:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/monitor-data-usage-android,news-21226.html

But this is a local thing and nothing to do with your actual carrier plan per se.

I suspect that you may have misunderstood what this does and how it works and assumed that it resetting the data allowance reflected your membership renewal.
If so then that is not what happens.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

21 REPLIES 21

dokgolf
Visitor
You're a genius. The option to change the cycle appears when I turned off the WiFi. Thanks so much. Dok

Glad you got it sorted. Man Happy

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.