cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership

fintan
Newcomer
I just paid my membership online by Visa card,, why can I not send texts or make calls now?!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That means that you have a current membership which expires tonight at 23:59 and a stacked membership which kicks in at midnight and runs until 5th March. Maybe the My Account display is wrong and is showing your allowances for the stacked membership but on your current membership you have used up these allowances? 

If necessary ask 48 support for an explanation but I suspect that at midnight tonight you will be able to call/text again. If you need to call/text today then I suspect that you need to buy add-ons.

How to get help

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/add-on-rules

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and mobile calls, landline calls and text allowance balances?

Were you able to call/text before now?

Any chance you bought a new membership which stacked because your current membership still has time to run but you have used up your current membership calls/texts allowances? In that case you will need to buy calls/texts add ons to tide you over to the end of the membership month.

Please post back with more info addressing these questions. Thanks.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

fintan
Newcomer
Yea I checked, it says I've a whole month of membership which finishes in march!
I've never had this problem with sending messages before!

What is your membership expiry date?

What are your mobile/landline call mins and text balances?

fintan
Newcomer
Expires 5th march 2014
Minutes - 300
Internet - 1G
And free texts
The GUIDO membership €10

That means that you have a current membership which expires tonight at 23:59 and a stacked membership which kicks in at midnight and runs until 5th March. Maybe the My Account display is wrong and is showing your allowances for the stacked membership but on your current membership you have used up these allowances? 

If necessary ask 48 support for an explanation but I suspect that at midnight tonight you will be able to call/text again. If you need to call/text today then I suspect that you need to buy add-ons.

How to get help

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/add-on-rules

Hope this helps.

fintan
Newcomer
Thank you

Use the short codes here to check what it reports as your current membership balances for mobile mins, landline mins, texts and data in case it's different to what the My Account online account displays.

Handy short-codes

I seem to recall stacked membership allowances being displayed (incorrectly!) on or near the day that the current membership expires (at midnight). Or maybe even added to the current membership's balances. It's very confusing and seems to me to be a bug in the online account display...

Hope this helps.