cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro sim

Anon
Not applicable

Have just bought a second hand xperia z1 that's locked to vodafone. Hoping to get it unlocked in the next few days. As the phone takes micro sim do i just cut the sim down to size myself? I thought i would be able to order a mirco sim on here but it seems there are only two options which are:

Dual SIM - for phones that take a regular or micro SIM 

Nano SIM - for an iPhone 5/5c/5s

If anyone can advise on how much it costs to unlock the xperia z1 or if there is any free way of doing it I'd appreciate it 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I know that in the past 48 supplied mini/regular SIMs and mini SIMs separately.

At some point they switched to dual SIMs (mini SIM which could be popped out to become a micro SIM).- and also nano SIMs separately.

I have a few mini SIMs that I got a while ago but I recently (within the last few weeks) got a replacement dual SIM and it's definitely like the O2 one pictured above. I'm using it as a mini SIM at the moment but just received a new phone that takes a micro SIM. When I switch over to this I will pop out the micro SIM from the dual SIM and use that in the new phone. The dual SIM is scored around the outline of the micro SIM so that it can be popped out. Look carefully at your SIM to double check in case yours is the same.

You can post a picture using the imageuploader[1].gif button in the post message toolbar. You then browse to the image stored on your local computer. If it's on your phone then you need to transfer it over first.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

Anon
Not applicable

It was roughly around 5 months ago, this is picture of it DSC_0005.JPG

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
OK that's not a dual sim.
It's a dedicated mini/regular sim.
I suspect that 48 did not offer dual sims 5 months ago.
You said earlier that you had a dual sim but I think you are mistaken.
Order a dual sim now and you can pop out the micro sim for your phone.
If you need to use the above mini sim in the meantime then order a swap rather than replacement sim so that the mini sim does not get disabled immediately.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Yeah i just presumed that i had one because the two options available at the moment are dual sims and the type for iphones! Will get ordering today, thanks again for your help

Anon
Not applicable
glad that was all of help to you.

get back n let us know if there's anything else!