cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My membership won't top up

Anon
Not applicable
I tried putting in my debit card to top up my membership but it just says that the number is wrong when it isn't so it won't let me top up! What do I do?
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The payment page seems to suggest that you can use a credit or debit card but the only options are VISA and MasterCard and it's not clear if the former covers both VISA credit and VISA debit? I thought that debit cards were not accepted by 48 but maybe I'm wrong? What sort of card is it and what bank issued it (Irish or foreign)?

There have been a number of problems with the new payment pages lately so this could also be a factor here... You might need to contact 48 support about this issue:

How to get help

In the meantime one option might be to topup by voucher and then buy membership by text or online from your credit balance:

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op...

How do I buy stuff by text?

Everything about membership

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

i top up with my visa debit but i having got it

I tried unsuccessfully yesterday to buy/renew my membership (due on Monday next)

but could not get past the CVV field even though Ive been using same card with 48 for years

however rang my bank and they checked it out and informed me all was fine at their end

I was on live chat with a very nice agent for a long session and finally I tried my new debit card

and success . I managed to renew membership but I need to know why my credit card didnt

work on 48 as I purchased several items online and card work perfectly. Pity 48 dont use Pay Pal

.I used credit card this morning to update my McAfee anti virus  for new PC and no problems there

so the problem is with 48.but how can one get this solved.

Sorry for long winded question but very frustrated with this as I prefer to use Credit Card for this 

I don't understand.

You say that with 48 support's assistance you got the card working.

So isn't that the problem solved?

If not then you'll have to get onto support again because only they can deal with such payment issues.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.