cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

anicairt
Visitor

Hi, so i just changed my sim a few hours ago, and I still don't have any service. I tried scanning for the 48 or O2 network but neither are appearing, and i have taken out and reinserted the sim as well as restarting the phone. The phone is reading the sim etc but still no luck with regards to network connectivity:/ 

i know it has only been a few hours since I have changed the sim but the network not appearing in the scan has me a bit worried!

kind regards, 

aoife

20 REPLIES 20

anicairt
Visitor
Nope, still no service and no closer to a solution

anicairt
Visitor
So when I go onto my phone and go to my 48 sim menu it won't let me click on anything - does this mean anything to anyone??:-/

What do you mean by "SIM menu"?

Can you post a screenshot or at least a better description please?

Have you logged a support ticket with 48 support to get them to help?

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

anicairt
Visitor

anicairt
Visitor
Yeah I'll try but atm it's not letting upload a photo - it's like when I go into my main menu of apps etc one is a picture of a sim and entitled 48 sim menu and when you click on it it has a list of options like top up etc but it's not letting click on any of them, like when I do nothing happens and it doesn't link me onto the 48 homepage or anything

12208090_1254443111248446_921360574_n.jpg

This thing!

OK - I know the app that you're talking about now.

Have you tried this - switch off, take the SIM out, gently clean the contacts, re-insert the SIM, switch on, manually scan for networks and connect to 48 if possible then see if things are any better?

If the SIM app is not working properly then I wonder if the SIM is dodgy and maybe needs replacement (again)?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I tried that but 48 is still not coming up at all in my network search 😞 

I think ill buy another network sim just to determine whether or not it is the sim or the phone because i don't really know how else I can figure it out! 😕

Do you know that the phone is unlocked for use on any network?

I presume so if it didn't prompt you for a network unlock code.

yep i was assured the phone is unlocked. like it reads the sim etc it is just saying that the sim is getting no network service.