cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No conection to network

mhal95
Newcomer
My friend and myself are away in lanzortote no conection to any network the phone keeps saying searching I bought eu romming add ons and just topped up before i went away I'm here for a week and unless without my phone please help ?
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Looks like you're on an iPhone?

In that case you may need to activate it on the local network:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/iPhone5/m-p/31261#M10171

You may also need to do this on the 48 network again when you return to Ireland.

You say that you topped up. Did you top up your credit balance?

If that doesn't help then you probably need to contact 48 support for assistance:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for you reply yeah its an iphone, but it still wouldnt contect to a local network so it was anoying plus i added on EU minutes but sure there was no point , thanks for you help anyway

Did you add cash credit as that may have been needed to activate the iPhone on a new network.

And if it was an older version of iOS then it might have required a sync with iTunes.

Unfortunately iPhones are messy this way and sometimes need to be activated on networks like this.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

mhal95
Newcomer
I added EU romming ad ons

Yes - but did you also add cash credit?

iPhone activation on a net network can require a UK SMS to be sent which normally costs 25c charged from your credit balance and is not covered by membership allowances (and maybe also not by EU roaming text add-ons).

mhal95
Newcomer
No but I topped up my membership

Academic at this point but that may have been the problem.

iPhones can require a UK SMS to be sent (either standalone or via an iTunes sync) in order to activate on certain networks.

This SMS normally costs 25c charged from your credit balance.

It is not normally covered by membership or add-on text allowances.

Hope this helps.