cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on iPhone 4S

geezerlee
Newcomer

Hi there, here is my debacle:

I ordered a new sim card this week and yesterday I put it into my unlocked iPhone 4S.

I then renewed my membership and was able to make and receive calls, and send/receive texts. My data was not working but that's an issue for another day.

Today, I turned off the phone for the first time since putting in the new sim card. Now, in the top left corner where before it said '48', it now says 'no service'.

Here are the steps I have taken to try and fix the issue (nothing has worked so far):

• Powering off and back on again
  • Toggling airplane mode on and off
  • Manually scanning for networks (48 showed up in the list and I selected it, but it still said 'no service' 10 minutes later)
  • Syncing with iTunes
  • Topping up my account balance (current balance is €2) and then syncing with iTunes again

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, want to get this sorted out as quickly as possible but I'm stumped Cat LOL

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Think you'll need to contact 48 support for advice on this.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/td-p/4038/jump-to/first-unread-message

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
did the above post help you Lee?

No, not really. Eventually I got service on my phone - it just happened suddenly.

However, I just turned on my phone after having it off last night (first time it was switched off since I had the problem). It has said 'no service' for roughly the past hour. Obviously, this level of service is not acceptable to me. I cannot rely on my phone to have signal when I turn it on. What is my best course of action?

Many thanks

Did you try manually scanning for networks and connecting to 48 (or O2 if 48 not listed)?

What happens?

Any errors etc.?

You could try contacting 48 support about this directly:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.