cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service won't work

hayleigh_malone
Visitor
Can somebody help me. I'm abroad and ever since i've updated my carrier settings my phone service has stopped working, it gains full bars, then one and then says 'searching' or 'no service'. I've tried turning it off and back on, taking the sim out, resetting the data settings but nothing has worked. can anybody help?
22 REPLIES 22

@nacia wrote:

What I have on my iphone is either ''no service'' or ''searching''. When I'm trying to select network manually, I am unable to do so because it says ''unable to load network list''. 

Is this the error that you are getting?

imagejeg[1].jpg

Do you know how your phone was unlocked for use on any network?

Officially by an operator or Apple or unofficially in a phone store or by somebody else?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

The problem is still not solved it continues to not have service

You never explained what you did to update your settings and why you did this if everything was working before:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Phone-service-won-t-work/m-p/27323#M8646

When you said you updated your settings do you mean that you did this iOS update?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Phone-service-won-t-work/m-p/27435#M8695

Some other stuff that may or may not be relevant...

Was your phone jailbroken?

Where did you buy it?

How did you get it unlocked?

Did you try the sync with iTunes while having a small amount of cash credit on your account?

If all else fails you may need to contact 48 support:

How to get help

Is roaming/data roaming enabled?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yes i updated to ios 7.1.2 and then it updated carrier settings.. It has never been jailbroken and apple unlocked it.. Ive tried to sync with itunes while having cash credit but it didnt work thank you for your help

OK - I'm afraid I've no further ideas so you will have to try 48 support and see if they can assist. Sorry...

Thank you

Do you have a backup of the old/previous version of iOS that you can revert to to see if that works again? I can't recall (long time since I messed around with iPhones/iOS devices) but I think you can do this with iTunes?

I think i have back in ireland ill try that when im home thank you 🙂

zach123456
Newcomer
Hi my the service on my phone has just completely stopped working last night out of nowhere andnibhsve no idea what tondo can you help ?

zach123456
Newcomer
It just says selected network 48 unavailable