O2

Three

emobile

Tesco mobile

www.unlock.ie

www.chris-it.ie

www.mobileunlocked.com

www.mobileunlockcodes.co.uk

See more info on these providers in the unlocking guide.

Have you used any other providers? Reply in this thread to suggest any other unlocking services you've used or heard about which are not listed above, and remember to rate the ones you've used here.

27 REPLIES 27

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I've used this service to unlock a number of Huawei handsets.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362050-modaco-approved-huawei-unlock-codes-request-here-375-%C2%A3/?view...

Cheap, fast and reliable. I have no vested interest other than as a satisfied customer.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Does anyone know if an unlocked phone from argos will work with48 sim card. Says 2G compatible but will not work on 3 network? 

Don't want to chance it as phone exempt from money back guarantee! 

Thanks

Yes - an unlocked phone will work.

What make/model of phone?

I'd be very surprised if anybody was selling 2G only phones these days so it probably is 3G (at least) also.

In any case a 2G phone will still work but my guess is that it's not just 2G.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

This is a great help, honestly, my phone unlocking was a nighmare because I was determined that my old network (meteor) give me my unlock code, without payment.

I mean I was a customerwith them for over 5 years, but they didn't care really. It's quite obvious phone companies are reluctant to give codes. It took three weeks of badgering and being put on hold before they finally gave it to me, but honestly I don't think anyone wants to go through that.

My friend is soon to be finishing a contact with Vodafone and was worried about the unlocking situation, but seriously guys this looks pretty awesome. All dem rules and things you need to know are very very handy, thanks a lot 😄

One quick suggestion - maybe add in to the info that it's good to tell a phone company that the reason you want to unlock your phone is that you're going abroad and you need to be able to use other sims 🙂

In the past I unlocked a few phones officially through a few operators (Vodafone, O2) and once the required payment criteria were met it was not big deal. Of course the payment criteria can be a bit steep in some cases. Where an official unlock is not possible I generally just Google for info about the cheapest and most reliable way to get an unlock code. That's how I found Korter GSM mentioned above - via the MoDaCo thread and some other recommendations. I have seen other unlockers look for €40 to unlock the same phones as Korter GSM does for about €5 or less. Obviously you have to be careful who you go with for this as there can be scam merchants out there. 

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
i've jailbroken/unlocked a few iPhones before in the past.

Wouldn't recommend doing that, so avoid if you can!

Always look out for a "cell repair" place in your town/city... maybe 25-50 to unlock a smartphone, but just tell em youre in a rush and they'll get it done asap!

Hope thats of help!

1amcn
Rock Star

Hey All !

I've been through a few unlocks... Mostly Official, then on occasion I'd go the town to the local unlock dude's shop...All routes basically governed by the price of the handset.

Just lastnight though I got a Sony Ericsson unlocked online with code-calculator.co.uk for a piddly €7!

They shelled out the codes within 20 min & Paypal took care of the cost.

Sony Ericsson can be a nightmare when it comes to the fee for unlock codes... this was quick & only for a few quid... I was chuffed.

Again, This is my experience, The onus is on each of us to check these things out throughly before undertaking the process!

🙂

Anon
Not applicable

Seven quid?! That's outrageously cheap! I must bookmark that site to get that done next time it's needed!

Anon
Not applicable
How can I get network unlocking code for samsung ace