Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Phone unlocking service suggestions

Anon
‎23-09-2014 12:44 PM

We used chris IT shop in thurles to unlock a phone. could not recommend him. said it would take from 24hrs to couple of days to unlock the phone. took 90euro from us that day with no receipt given. . two weeks later still no unlocking code. does not answer phone. everytime we called into shop he was not there yet five mins after we called in the third time, having been told he was not there he appeared out from the back room. not a way to do business, avoid avoid avoid 

0 Likes

The Legend
‎23-09-2014 12:48 PM

Did you get your phone unlocked in the end?

What make/model?

€90 sounds exhorbitant to me for a phone unlock.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎06-10-2014 01:16 PM

Does anyone know if an unlocked phone from argos will work with48 sim card. Says 2G compatible but will not work on 3 network? 

Don't want to chance it as phone exempt from money back guarantee! 

Thanks

Posted from Samsung GT-N8010
0 Likes

The Legend
‎06-10-2014 02:21 PM

Yes - an unlocked phone will work.

What make/model of phone?

I'd be very surprised if anybody was selling 2G only phones these days so it probably is 3G (at least) also.

In any case a 2G phone will still work but my guess is that it's not just 2G.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Big Kahuna
‎07-10-2014 06:46 PM

I used a free one for huawei, I'll fetch the link from my seach history. But basically you just specify what model it is and the IMEI number and in seconds you've a FREE unlock code. It did ask to sign up or login with facebook but I just refused it the likes of posting permissions on facebook and read what info it accesses.

I'll edit the post when I find the link.

0 Likes

Anon
‎08-10-2014 11:17 AM
Do NOT go to Chris-it unlock.
I've been waiting since July for my iPhone5c to be unlocked and iven given him €50 (luckily it was through PayPal so I have a receipt)
He hardly replied to emails, he wasn't at all pleasant on the phone and all and all its a joke really, I've been waiting for something he stayed he could provide for a price and yet nothing. I've been sending him more emails and calling but one of the excuses he used was that he had a house fire problem (?) and that he was uncontactable because of that. Really frustrated.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎08-10-2014 11:39 AM

I thought that they were expensive in any case and I never liked the FUD factor in some of the posts (e.g. "shopping around is good but ..."):

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Joining-48/Chris-IT-ie-Free-Unlocking/m-p/8329#M136

0 Likes

Anon
‎08-10-2014 12:19 PM

Because they seem to recognise my number and ignore it, my boyfriend is going to ring them today and ask what the deal is. I have all the emails, and call times and the receipt so they really can't deny anything. They have 50eu of mine for doing absolutely nothing so I would really advise everyone to stay clear!

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎05-12-2014 02:50 PM

DONT UNREGISTER WITH YOUR PREVIOUS PROVIDER B4 UNLOCKING!!!! stressful and hard your previous prodiver wont even tak to you about it Smiley Sad 

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎08-12-2014 06:14 PM

$_12.JPG

Just got my Lumia Unlocked from them.

Great price and service 

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community