cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't connect to 48 network

fiachra18
Newcomer
I have just recently bought a Samsung galaxy s4 and I ordered a new micro sim from 48 to put in it to replace my old sim. However, the phone acknowledges that the sim card is in but won't connect to 48. It says "selected network 48 is unavailable" but yet I had to put in the right pin at the start. I tried a vodaphone micro sim and there was no problem connecting. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Was the new sim ordered or registered as a replacement sim so that your account/membership etc transferred over? Is data roaming enabled on the new phone?

You might need to contact 48 support for advice here.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/td-p/4038/jump-to/first-unread-message

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

fiachra18
Newcomer
I found out what the problem was. The phone was bought second hand and it turns out that it was barred. All is well though as I got a different new s4, and it was nothing to do with 48 at all. The reason I thought it worked with the Vodafone sim was because the data roaming came on but in the end it didn't actually function properly as service was still not available. Thank you for your help on this, it was appreciated even though there was nothing that could be done to help in the end.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Thanks for posting back to explain what the problem was.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.