cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor internet conection

Anon
Not applicable
I have very slow/poor internet connection at home, YouTube videos will not play. Could you please fix this for me, thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you're on wifi at home then that's not a 48 and you'll need to contact your Internet service provider.
If you're on 48 carrier data then please do a speed test and post the results.

http://www.speedtest.net/

Also double check that your Internet settings are correct.
Is the speed on away from home?
If so then it may simply be a bad signal in your home.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I don't know much about internet settings but think they maybe okay/correct as the internet does work but very slowly. The speed test is very slow, won't even load up the link. The internet is very poor at my home, is there anyway of boosting it or changing my internet settings to improve it?

Anon
Not applicable
Download: 49 kbits/s (kilobites = 0.5Mbits/sec) and upload: is tiny too there was no reading. Any help or advice on this please.

You say it's slow at home but is it any better away from home?

When at home do you have wifi and are you using that rather than the carrier data connection when using the internet?

If possible post your internet/APN settings here for review/comment.

Screenshots are the best but if you can't post them then post your internet settings in detail.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
It works very well outside of my apartment. I do not use WiFi at home. I will try and get the APN screenshots. Thanks for your response.

Anon
Not applicable
Also it tends to work ar tiny bit very late at night say at 2 am for some reason.

If it works OK outside but not inside (most of the time) then chances are the signal is simple getting attenuated inside your home. Do a speed test at home and one outside and compare the results. Post your settings if you want them reviewed in case of any mistakes that might cause problems.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Outside internet speed test results:
Ping: 98
Download:1.08 Mbps
Upload:0.31 Mbps

Inside/Home internet speed test results:
Ping:785
Download:0.06
Upload:0.1

Hope this helps.

Looks to me like your apartment may be attenuating the signal thus reducing your speed.

Not much you can do about that if that's the problem.

Does it work better by a window?

Hope this helps.